QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

HAPPILY STITCHING


Some of the cushion covers I have made to brighten up Mum's house. We hope to have it back, listed with and agent in the next few weeks.



TRYING OUT DIFFERENT TYPES OF SEAMS .... NOT HAPPY WITH THIS
A sample of the blocks I made for our wee grand-daughter. I posted the full set of 16 last week and they seem to be appreciated. I was disappointed that making the corners was so difficult. I think out of all the corners I sewed that only one or maybe two blocks were really successful. Fortunately babies are not critical. I had a few sides just fabric with no embroidery or applique but most blocks had two capital letters with an appropriate named picture and 10 of the blocks has numbers with a pictorial representation. 1 hen, 2 birds, 3 flowers, 4 butterflies, 5 strawberries, 6 trees, 7 keys, 8 fish, 9 cats, 10 candles. They were really fun to make until I tried to stitch the last two sides. Maybe if I made 100 I'd begin to get it right.

Today I have a stack of cushion covers waiting for machine sewing. First I finish my patchwork to the right size with a border. Then I sandwich and cross-hatch quilt each top. Then the easy bit is making the envelope closing back and stuffing the cushion into it. There is, on average, about 2 hours work left for me in each cushion. I'm procrastinating here because I am not a fan of machine sewing but I also want to get these finished and hand-stitching doesn't appeal either.
IT WAS ALL FUN TO THIS POINT

3 comments:

Jackie Birch said...

Yay you are back here as well......loving all your blocks, and the cases for the pillows :)

Gypsy said...

I love those pillows. Wish I had the time, energy, and creativity to try something like that.

Chris H said...

The cushions are darling as are the blocks.