QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Thursday, April 24, 2014

IT'S BEEN A LONG HOLIDAY

My blogging holiday, that is.

I'm stitching and stitching and stitching.

I met up with a local quilting group on Monday and everyone was very kind about my efforts.

Right now I'm working my fingers off to finish this. I want it in the post ASAP. Still lots to do before I put on a back. I fully intended to leave this cuddly lap rug with just the top and acrylic rug back but when I saw how ugly my stitching looks on the back I changed my mind fast. A lady from the group, someone I met for the first time that day, went home and brought back a flannel sheet for me. Wow! How generous and kind.

Back to work.

3 comments:

Merikay said...

Good to get together with other stitchers!

Chris H said...

Your quilt is coming along nicely. I have used old flannel sheets for backing too.
You can also get them from Op Shops.

Retta said...

Popping in to say hello, I was thinking of you. How's the quilting going?