QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Thursday, February 27, 2014

SOUTHERN GOSPEL AND LEGACY FIVE


We discovered Southern Gospel singing in 2005. That doesn't mean we like all groups but we went to a live concert with Legacy Five and fell in love with their style. I do not have a lot of their music. Wish I had more. I love walking to their music but only in quiet places. The beach is too noisy with slapping waves even when there is no surf, so not there. For the past two years most of my exercise has been in our living room on the cross-trainer which looks like a giant snail tucked in it's own corner. I use a variety of music. Currently a Hawaiian CD is my 'go to.' I'm saving for a teaching DVD for Hula.

Legacy Five are preparing a new album for release. In a new blog post they have told the story behind one of the songs and followed it up with the words to the song. Oh My! If the rest of the album is of this standard , and knowing Legacy Five, it will be, then I want that album badly.

Here's some of the song. It touches my heart in a way that doesn't happen often.

........He has you in the palm of His hand.

He heals, broken hearts, broken bodies, broken minds
He heals by His love, by His blood, in His time.
Hold to God’s unchanging hand. Hold to God’s unchanging hand
Build your hopes on things eternal! Hold to God’s unchanging hand.
He heals, broken hearts, broken bodies, broken minds
He heals by His love, by His blood, and in His time.
And in His time…..He’s right on time!
Here is the link to their post and the story.

I am always amazed by the way I have connected to Southern Gospel music .... but when I read words like this I wonder no longer.

I know that the only way for me to live is to have God at the centre of my being.

No comments: