QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Friday, February 21, 2014

IODINE! SO VERY IMPORTANT

Do you get enough iodine?

I listened to this podcast and I am shocked that I did not know all the ways iodine is needed for good health.


I cannot recommend this podcast highly enough.

Nothing is a cure-all but if you think about it long enough you might come to the same conclusion as I have. Is iodine one of the reasons so many Asian children have high IQs?

Apart from that there are many health benefits including certain protection and healing of reproductive organs not to mention relief from fibromyalgia.
I JUST MIGHT ADD SOME KARENGO, NZ SEAWEED TO MY VEGETABLES
Who likes relish? This recipe, made with a common seaweed, frequently found washed up on our beaches, sounds delicious.

Learning more and making sure we have an adequate amount in our diet now has priority. I dislike sushi but I see the need to add seaweed to our regular food. I will be purchasing a supplement when we next shop.

1 comment:

Deb Willbefree said...

Ha. I didn't realize you had resumed blogging on this blog. I clicked over using the link on your WL blog.

As far as iodine goes--I often have an opposite reaction to drugs and supplements.

For instance, codeine keeps me awake. Pleasantly sublime, but wide awake and without hunger ..for hours and hours. And iodine? I have two goiters, one on each side of my neck. Iodine makes them swell up to the size of half a grapefruit. It's quite startling, and is, in fact, how the fact that i had goiters was discovered.

I took some potion advertised on a local Christian TV station and one morning I woke up with a grapefruit on my neck )I only had a goiter on one side then). Quit taking it, and the grapefruit went away. Resumed the potion, and back came the grapefruit.

A process of elimination determined that the culprit was the iodine. My MD was quite surprised, but nothing else in the potion, when taken alone, had that result.

Go figure.

Deb