QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Monday, February 17, 2014

HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE CANADIAN AVALANCHE RESCUE CAT ASSOCIATION

While we enjoy our mild climate we are continually reminded that not everyone has it so good. Britain's winter storms have brought some of the worst flooding in memory. Northern America keeps getting snow storms and way below icy weather. The winter Olympics are in full swing in Russia.

Recently I read a blog written by a 'Snowbirding' Canadian. He posted this video about cats being used in avalanche rescue. Who'd have thought!

You really need to watch the whole 8 minute video to get the full story.

Somehow I can't see Rescue Cats taking on in New Zealand's mountains.

Another medical appointment to keep tomorrow. This is a follow up to last week's eyelid surgery. When I was discharged from Post Op I was given an appointment for the Ophthalmology Clinic at Thames Hospital for tomorrow. That suits us quite well as it's half the travel distance. I was told I would receive an appointment time in the mail. Experience has taught us to not hold our breath but to phone the hospital and check. This morning after checking our mail box we made the phone call. The booking office has not received anything from Waikato Hospital. Typical! We will now turn up at the clinic about 10 am and will be seen anytime between then and when the Clinic closes sometime after 3 pm.

Our daughter is one of the local District or Community Nurses and one of the big frustrations they face is incomplete referrals when people are discharged from hospital but need some continuing care, usually for wound dressings. You would think it would be a simple matter to fax such important stuff.

OH!.... and my eyelid is healing perfectly and I will soon to be walking on the beach. In the meantime I am on a mission to complete a a patchwork quilt. More about that another day.

I tend to trust people to do what they say they will. When it comes to hospitals, and I guess many other things, it pays to be somewhat paranoid and double check everything.


No comments: