QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Thursday, September 5, 2013

ASIA IS NOT ON MY BUCKET LIST BUT ROUTE 66 IS ANOTHER STORY

SOMEWHERE IN ILLINOIS OR MISSOURI ON ROUTE 66 - 2005

I'm making an effort to pull this Blog out of it's long resting period.

The truth is I have too many Blogs so I'm working on a new discipline that involves writing here at least twice a week. I'll see how that goes over the next month or so. I've missed this place.

I love to travel but Asia, anywhere in Asia, is not on my preferred place to visit. I'm not sure why unless it is that I have such a long list of European and North American places on my bucket list that Asia has been pushed too far down to register.

Anyone who reads anything I write on a fairly regular basis will also know that in my quest to satisfy my travel hunger I read a large number of Blogs, mostly written by Americans who write and photograph their travels in their RVs, Recreational Vehicles, or what we know in New Zealand as Motor Homes, Campers, Caravans, or Fifth Wheelers. Generally we are not into using a quick method and capitalising the first letters of words. This can mean reading American Blogs often needs an interpreter *smiling*

Along the way I have picked up some Blogs that may not fit within what would appear to be my main interests. 'Leaving Amerika' is one. Joko, (pseudonym), has gone to Thailand to restart his life afresh. It could be in response to a middle age crisis or it could be that it was time to take a good look at where his life was going and put something positive in place. I have been enjoying his descriptions of the new life he is building for himself.

Today he posted a video which impressed me, not least because he used the Route 66 song to have some fun around Bangkok.  Here is the link and I hope you enjoy it too.
DEVIL'S ROPE MUSEUM, MCLEAN, ROUTE 66, TEXAS

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

So good to see you back here.

We've been on parts of Route 66. Wish it was still all there.