QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Friday, February 3, 2012

CELEBRATING MY MOTHER

DSC04799

My mother died peacefully surrounded by many of her family late on Saturday night. 11.25pm January 28th 2012, aged 96 years. 


Mum loved the sea and went for a morning swim nearly every morning from December to April until her 89th year. She had a few swims in the two following years until her heart was simply not strong enough for her to walk from the house to the ocean and back and also shower etc.


I want to put a series of photos of the beach and sea views Mum loved and lived with for many years. My photos are on an external drive and I'm a bit challenged getting them sorted and into a place where I can up-load them. I'll leave that for another day when I can sit quietly for  while.


It's been a great week. A sad, emotional time but amazing. And we have a lot of stuff going on including travelling to New Plymouth to a dear friend's funeral, catching up with our son in Rotorua who was too sick to be with the family this week. In 6 days we fly to Christchurch for 2 weeks to be with family there.


This journal is being neglected but I'm keeping up with my Records on Improving My Health with daily entries. I also write notes about our daily life and how things are going. I write there daily so feel free to look in but remember there is also boring stuff about my weight loss efforts. 
DSC04098

10 comments:

Jackie said...

MargieAnne I am sorry to hear about your mother, my thoughts are with you all..... Take care and hugs xx

maryh said...

What a great age Amazing that she still swum @ 89. Happy thoughts & memories on her life for you and family at this time.
She would have seen a lot of changes & had a lot of challenges in her lifetime may she now RIP

Chris H said...

I will never forget the times we spent swimming on Simpsons Beach with your Mum.
She lived a long life... 96 is quite an achievement.

Susan said...

So sorry to hear about your Mum. My prayers are with you.

Rettakat said...

Somehow I missed your other blog, and didn't realize that you Mum had passed. I will keep you and your family in my prayers, Anne. {{{{hugs}}}}

Loretta

Merikay said...

Sorry for your loss. I know you worked hard to give her the best care you could. 96! Wow.

Phyllis said...

96!!! What a beautiful age to live to. How fortunate you were to have your dear Mum all those many years. Cherish the memories.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Margie Anne. My first thought was how blessed she was to be have family who loved her and saw that she was well cared for. And how blessed you all were to have her for so many years. May she rest in peace and may you find joy in the memories of a life well lived.

Kate said...

oh Margieanne I dont know how I missed this, how slack of me. I am really sorry to hear about the loss of your mum, I was always awestruck by her age and capabilities right up til recently. sending lots of love from here to there xoxo <3

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

MargieAnne, I really pulled away from blogging after my mom died and then with our big move to Texas, I've gone through another kind of mourning. So very sorry to hear about your mom. What a blessing to have had her with you for so very many years. I feel so blessed to have had the Mom I did for 49 years and sometimes get a little envious of people who get to see their moms reach 80 or 90 or even 100 years old, but then think of my dear friend who lost her mom when she was only 12 years old and then I feel so selfish for those envious thoughts! No matter what time God gives us, we need to give thanks and treasure the memories we have hidden in our hearts. Hope you check in here occasionally. God bless.