QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Monday, January 16, 2012

PHOTO WALK AT MATARANGI 8.30 AM

DSC04677This morning I went for a short walk to the beach.
I’ve gained weight in the last few months with resulting unwellness. To read more about this go to Improving My Health Through Weight Loss and Physical Activity
To prove I went out here are a few photos.

The day dawned brillaintly sunny. A couple of hours later when I was out the clouds darkened.
DSC04679
A SHOWER SWEPT ACROSS THE BEACH


DSC04687
MATARANGI BEACH FRONT
DSC04691
THE RUGBY N.Z. WORLD CUP FLAG CONTINUES TO FLY WITH PRIDE
DSC04692
ONE OF MY FAVOURITE HOUSES
UGLY HOUSE
UGLY HOUSE

DSC04696
ROAD FRONTAGE OF UGLY HOUSE
This is what happens when a country becomes too PC about houses standing out from the natural environment. My guess is it is designed by an architect and cost a bomb.
DSC04699
DOES IT FOR ME
I like the natural look and cute too.  Simplicity at it’s best. I don’t think the photo does it justice.
DSC04700
TYPICAL HOLIDAY HOUSE IN SUMMER. 8 CARS, 5 OR 6 TENTS AND PROBABLY ONE BATHROOM FOR ALL


A comment about building styles in New Zealand.



Most districts have a code limiting the colour of roofs and walls. One of my mother’s neighbours recently discovered she could not have white cladding on her new house beside the sea. It would be unpleasantly visible to passing boats. We live on a small beach inside a larger bay. The bay is full of small boats, in season, and shipping is so far out it would hardly be aware of settlement. Breaking waves are white. Does this coastline really need such heavy handed administration?



We were delighted to see the colourful houses of Florida, California, Oregon and Washington States. I felt envious that people are given creative freedom. Black has become high fashion for everything New Zealand. It bothers me.



Walk down a street and almost everyone is dressed in black, grey, or dark colours.

Drive down a street and the houses are likely to be black, grey or sand. Here and there an older house has withstood this modern trend.



Black is a brilliant contrast but to see it everywhere is not stimulating and can be downright depressing.



Black can be smart and sophisticated but when it’s everywhere its just plain sad. I need colour in my life.
DSC04449
FIREWORKS ON BRIGHTON PIER CHRISTCHURCH, GUY FAWKES NIGHT '11

6 comments:

Deb Willbefree said...

MargieAnne, I left a commetn and blogger ate it!

So, thanks for your encouragement on my blot--and keep walking! :D

Deb

Chris H said...

I wear black... cos it makes me feel less fat!
But in reality, I love colours so much more! I am dying to wear white, pretty pinks and blues... I CAN'T WAIT.
You are right about regulations here, they are far too strict.

Donna W. said...

We have a town up the road from us that governs they color of paint you use on your house, no chain link fences are allowed, no above ground pools, and many many more regulations....Dardenne Prairie where we live at least when we moved here, whopping big 500 peopls had no regs.
How in the world can your town regulate what color you paint your walls inside your house?
I agree w you..one black house on a street would be dramatic ...all the house black would be dull
Donna of Sam & Donna

Frank Blasi said...

Hi,
I have just discovered your page though Steve Finnell's Blog.
Why not take a look at my blogs too, if you wish, it's called,
"Frank's Christian Thoughts"
God bless,
Frank

covnitkepr1 said...

I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower as well.

Jackie said...

Ok ok I know potatoes have no wheat in it, have corrected my blog lol......