QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Thursday, January 26, 2012

PHOTO ESSAY “SEAGULLS’’

I’ve not been posting here because currently my focus is on improving my health.
Here are a few photos taken over recent days. there has been a dramatic change in the weather. We have summer and my walks are all before 9 am as it begins to get too hot for me any later, even with a cool breeze.

MY WALK BEGINS AS i EXIT OUR SECTION ONTO THE STREET
DSC04721
A pair of pretty seagulls feeding
DSC04722
The birds were wriggling their feet quickly in the soft wet sand. They reminded me of gathering pipis, an oval shaped bivalve. We go into the sea at low tide, walking out knee deep, sometimes more, and wriggle our toes until we feel the hardness of a shell. Once we’ve found the bed it’s all bottoms up and busy hands as we grab the shells before they work their way deeply into the sand.
DSC04723
DSC04724
DSC04726
Is there anything interesting your side?
DSC04725
What have you got there?
DSC04727
I think they were feeding on sand bugs/beetles. The beach was covered in tiny air-holes and little mounds of sand where they had burrowed.
DSC04756
Beach walk ends here.

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

Nice series of gull pictures. They are fun creatures to be sure.

Susan said...

If Angel saw those Seagulls, she would want to play with them.

Chris H said...

Now I want to wiggle my toes in the sand too! Lovely photos.