QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A VERY LAZY DAY

THE LITTLE FLOWER GARDEN
GLASS BIRD BATH WITH PUKEKO ,,, NEW ZEALAND SWAMP BIRD.

NEW TRELLIS FENCE

LOOKING ACROSS THE TRELLIS FENCE TO OUR NEIGHBOURS' ALL AROUND US ARE HOLIDAY HOUSES OR BACHES THE WORD BACH COULD HAVE EVOLVED FROM BACHELOR QUARTERS BUT MORE PROBABLY IS  A CORRUPTION OF THE WELSH WORD FOR SMALL.

IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE MUCH BUT THERE ARE 9 SHRUBS  AND TREES PLUS 14 GRASSES IN THE FIRST STAGE OF A NATIVE SHRUBBERY.

SEAHORSE MOSAICS. THESE WERE KITSETS
AND MY VERY FIRST ATTEMPT AT MOSAIC
THE SHAPE WAS BOUGHT BUT THE DESIGN IS ALL MINE.
MY 3RD EVER MOSAIC


THE SHAPE WAS BOUGHT BUT
AGAIN THE DESIGN IS MINE.
I USED A MIXTURE OF BROKEN CHINA AND TILES.

ALL FINISHED AND WAITING FOR A DECISION
 ON HOW TO FIX THEM TO THE WALL

The sweet heart will go in a bedroom, the seahorses in the loo and the fish is for outdoors. I have a plan to decorate the paling fence with various art and craft work.

I enjoy the design part of doing mosaics but the grouting is tedious and messy. I ended up handing them to John to grout. I don't think he really wanted to do it either so I guess I'll have to learn to enjoy grouting if I want mosaics. They are certainly a fun way to liven up the fences. The house is still surrounded by the high paling fence on three and a half sides. I can't afford to buy artwork so will make my own. I love creating stuff so it will be fun learning and experimenting.

My photos inside the bus are dreadful so I'll have another go tomorrow if I have time. It's a real mess inside and needs The Great Tidy-Up. We've been taking stuff out there for 2 years without worrying about whether they have a proper place. I'm waiting for some nice sunny days because the only way to sort out the mess is to throw everything out on the lawn and begin again. I guess there is a lot of stuff I need to get rid of. It's amazing how one accumulates once one stops moving. (travelling)

Today I discovered http://www.southerngospel.com/Solid-Gospel-Radio/ It was mentioned in a newsletter from Legacy Five. I have thoroughly enjoyed listening this afternoon. I will have to limit my listening time or will go over my internet usage.

That was my day.

3 comments:

Rettakat said...

I've always liked mosaics that use both glass and broken china, and LOVE it when people put it outside on walls and such. I look forward to photos of what you do with these.

Phyllis said...

You are some talented lady! Those lovely flowers and plants make me yearn for Spring and Summer.

JC said...

Wow, I've had some catching up to do on your posts. Love your mosaics.