QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

SIX - 00PS! ONLY FIVE MORE SLEEPS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

PUKERUA BAY LOOKING ALONG THE KAPITI COAST TOWARD PAEKAKARIKI.


More photos taken on our trip south in October.

This was our lunch break on October 2nd a few hours before catching the InterIslander Ferry.

It's a tiny little beach with fine gravel rather than sand and a few houses clinging to the hills.

The hills around Wellington, our Capital City, are steep and rugged and are often covered in gorse.



THE HILLS



Gorse from Gt. Britain was introduced for hedgerows by early settlers. It is a listed noxious weed and is supposed to be erradicated, usually with weed killer poisons. It has proved to be a great cover for regenerating native forest so many areas which do not make good farmland have been allowed to revert.

In the spring the rough, rugged hills of New Zealand turn golden. A give-away that the plant is vigorous.






WELLINGTONIANS THINK NOTHING OF HANGING
 THEIR BACHES ON HILLSIDES LIKE THIS

The days race by and I still have shopping to do.

Tonight is our 5th 6th night sleeping in the old bus, 1 more, tomorrow night, and we have our house back for the next week before our New Year guests arrive .


PUKERUA BAY LOOKING SOUTH TOWARD
 THE SOUTH ISLAND WHICH
WOULD BE VISIBLE ON A GOOD DAY

Not doing very much. Went for a walk to see if the beach was still there. It is. It's probably months since I walked that way. The shocking thing is how unfit I am. Walking has become something of a struggle. I wheeze and puff. I think some of the problem is my medication but the real problem is the extra weight and my own laziness. I don't feel motivated to do anything about it but I don't think I can allow motivation to rule me.

I'd soon get fit if I walked up and own hills like this.
LOTS OF LOVELY DRIFT WOOD.
WAS THIS A FORT OR THE BEGINNING OF A BONFIRE?






Doing the best thing has nothing to do with what I feel like doing. It has everything to do with making a decision to do the best for myself even when I don't want to. I'm letting myself drift along when I know I'm not doing myself any favours.


This will continue for a week or two yet but I cannot continue forever. Sooner or later the discomfort of being unfit and fat will surely get to me.





WE WATCHED A MOTHER DUCK TAKE HER
 DOZEN OR SO BABIES FOR A WALK ALONG
THE BEACH THEN INTO THE SEA AND BACK
TO WHERE SHE STARTED.


Meantime I am going to have a deliberate walk each day. It may not be very long at first but this I can and will do. I've really let myself go and this is the beginning of calling a halt to drifting and laziness.

Tomorrow will be another day of not doing anything much. I will make the most of another quiet day because it couod be the last one for a while.















SOMEWHERE IN THIS COLD SPARKLING SEA ARE MANY DUCKLINGS TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH MOTHER DUCK

TUESDAY EVENING.

I just didn't get to finish this post yesterday. 

Another day of doing nothing much. I didn't feel well most of today but will probably go out for a walk after tea.

I haven't eaten anything since 10 am so am now, (7.30.pm),  hungry but don't know what to eat. I need to be cautious.I woke up with serious stomach cramps after eating all those strawberries a few days ago. I feel like a simple boiled egg so hopefully that will be OK. 




PS. ANOTHER EDIT FAIL. It's beginning to look as though O have to learn how to use Live Writer.

No comments: