QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Saturday, December 17, 2011

EIGHT SLEEPS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS





I know I'm not the only one who cannot understand how this happened. Cammy has a similar problem.











SPRING BLOSSOM, (OCTOBER 3RD) NEXT TO THE GARAGE
 WHERE WE FILLED THE CAR IN CHEVIOT, NORTH CANTERBURY



Months were spent doing nothing very much. We had a visit with our son and wife in Christchurch in late April. I can't think of anything positive I have achieved in the last 12 months. I'm struggling to remember any completed projects .... except maybe the mosaics. We were just ambling along minding our own business when Whammo! Out of the blue
came a call which changes everything.



BEAUTIFUL CANTERBURY FARMLAND






We went to Christchurch again and this time stayed away over 6 weeks end of September to mid November. Being away for so long at that time of year has confused my pre-Christmas schedule. Not that I ever had much of a schedule anyway. I am one of those people who do little planning and preparation until close to the day but One Week. That's extreme even for me.





MORE CANTERBURY SCENERY
NOTE THE ROADS - EASY BENDS AND LONG STRAIGHTS.

We went shopping today but not one item was toward Christmas. Help!! These days I'm too slow to leave everything till Christmas Eve which I've done many times in the past. My brain is clogged and I just don't seem to be able to gather my thoughts toward important things like decorations and gifts.

We bought picture hooks and things to hang the mosaics with. I bought a hanging planter to go on the fence so the single mosaic doesn't feel too lonely. We bought groceries. The poor little bus fridge is jam packed.






After shopping we stopped to have lunch with Mum and Jane. Jane was so well organised that all the things she needed help with are finished. John pottered around with her while I watched part of the movie Anchors Away with Mum. How come I've never seen that movie before. I'll have to get the DVD. I'm a great fan of Turner Classic Movies and Gene Kelly's films are always special. Who can forget him dancing and singing in the rain?







MUD HOUSE WINERY.
We needed a loo stop and would have liked coffee and a snack to set us up for the last hour and a half of driving to our son's home in Christchurch. The restaurant was closed for a private function so we browsed around the shop and decided we didn't want any wine today, thank-you.
We stood in the car park and sucked on our water bottles and rustled around in the car for food. We tried to ignore the looks from regular patrons as we had our own private picnic in the car park.




I've eaten a whole punnet of strawberries as I've caught up with my Blogging. Yummy!


2 comments:

Kate said...

lol at your own private picnic!! i made a mosaic in high school for art, and really enjoyed the process of it (as i do with scrapbooking now!!) but i could never hang the mosaic up as i had no idea what to use, and never know what happened to it now that its been about 10 years since then!! xo

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

LOL That kitty has it right!

Your impromptu picnic sounds wonderful! Some of the best times happen by accident!