QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Sunday, August 14, 2011

GLAD TO BE HOME



So good to be in our own environment.

This afternoon snow fell in Wellington, a once in lifetime event. I don't remember snow ever falling there. So much for me boasting spring had arrived. We had a light hail storm this afternoon.


There were many cold squalls with strong gusts of wind today. Look at our clothes line. I'm glad I only had towels out. After John had braved the cold wind many times we gave in and brought the towels inside to dry.

We knew that cold stormy weather was on the way but I had hoped to do some planting today. Winter with avengeance and I don't think the storm has arrived yet. So sad for South Island farmers and their animals. They have a week of snow and ice with blizzard conditions in some areas.

It's even snowing in Wellington, a once in lifetime event. I don't remember snow ever falling there.





The remaining photos were taken yesterday early in the morning before I packed to come home.


Just in case you are curious Simpsons Beach, where my mother lives, has a strip of black sand above the high tide mark. This is also a gold bearing sand. I hope it never becomes an economic proposition.

6 comments:

Rettakat said...

Regardless of why I've been away, there is always something just comforting and relaxing about coming Home.

I hope you can get lots of rest and that Spring will finally arrive for you soon. :-)

Hippygal said...

Such lovely photos you take..... and great on being home again :-)

Thrice Blessed said...

Sorry to hear you won't be reading my blog, I understand about not having time though, I don't read anyone's blog every single day. I read what I have time for, and whatever I don't have time for I don't worry about, I'll get to it another day.

Phyllis said...

BRRRR - I had to remind myself about you now being in the "opposite" season. Lucky you, Spring is just around YOUR corner.

Joy said...

Beautiful pictures! Snow...Oh I'm not ready for that!

Take care of yourself!

Chub said...

Thanks for your message, good luck!