QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

MORE EARTHQUAKES IN CHRISTCHURCH



SEA OF SILT: A street in the eastern suburb of Bexley is again covered in sludge after liquefaction.




This is so demoralising. I feel very blue and I don't even live there and my family is not in danger.















Evacuated again












I've posted on my NZ Diary The previous post is also worth a quick look. It's about an iconic sheep. I was talking to my hairdresser about it taking a lead in the news for the day and she said she got quite teary. Joanie is an American and had a successful business in LA. Only in New Zealand could a sheep become world famous.



I have another day at home then tomorrow is my 72nd birthday and we will spend the day with Mum. I am cooking dinner so am now going to hunt up simple but yummy recipes for what I think I want. Possibly Thai stir-fry chicken followed by lemon dessert with cherry sauce. These are not the usual foods I would choose but what are hanging around my brain right now and making my mouth water. I'm tossing up between plain long grain rice and wild rice.

Time for breakfast. I'll be eating according to plan today after a good night's sleep. The previous night I read too late then stayed in bed to finish my book not getting up until midday. Not the best plan but I enjoyed my day.

Although it's fine here the temperatures are dropping and there's plenty of cloud. We are affected by the chillean volcanic cloud. A walk remains on my agenda. Right now I'm debating whether I should plan to walk alternate days until I am a little stronger. Currently the plan to walk daily is leading to failure.

I'm going to have a good day, you too.

I guess I should give credit to various news media for the photos which were collected from different places on the internet.

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

Sure does not sound like a bad thing to do - laying in bed and reading a book! Delicious!

heyduke50 said...

Sad to hear about the additional quakes.. happy early Bday to you...

Rettakat said...

I'm glad you and your loved ones are not in danger. My heart goes out to those who have to go thru this yet again.

And Happy Birthday to you!! I hope you have a most blessed day. :-)