QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Monday, May 16, 2011

IT'S BEEN TOO LONG

I'm over trying to analyse myself and go into all the whys and wherefores of my moods, failures and various unhelpful behaviours.

The important thing is I'm here.

Today we were up at 6 am. We left home before 8 am for a fairly leisurely drive to Auckland Airport. The weather was kind and the traffic light. This morning's weather forecast filled us with foreboding but apart from a gusty wind it was fine and mild. We had an excellent flight, only one hour before we landed ay Christchurch.

Our Daughter-in-law picked us up and gave us a short tour. There are many vacant spaces from the November and February earthquakes and seeing the damage first hand is sobering. I think the biggest shock is getting a feel for the abandoned buildings. They look almost normal from the outside but there's no-one in. The streets are quiet. People have gone.

Our son picked up John an hour ago to go out on road safety patrol. A high king tide caused some flooding. Home again and warning signs out. We are going out for dinner in an hour or so.

More to come tomorrow.

I appreciate my readers. It's a wonder any of you come back. please be assured I am trying to get my act together. I'd love to write here daily and to be honest it's sometimes a huge effort.

2 comments:

Merikay said...

Sometimes we just need a break. I'm not posting as much as usual right now either. I try to keep in touch in the comment sections however.

Chris H said...

I hope you have a good time in Christchurch and don't freeze ya bums off!