QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Friday, April 8, 2011

Oh Heck!






I'm going along well. Plans in place. Feeling positive.

Then I get a really painful gut ache. No reason I can think of. Last time I was on a roll I got sick. It has taken me weeks to get back on plan. I'm determined to tough it out. It seems to be my body's way of reacting when I try to deal with candida. This time I'm able to tough it out .... that's the plan.

It makes me cross. I got up feeling better than usual. It's been a gorgeous autumn day, clear blue skies with a stiff southerly breeze. That's the freezing wind off the Antarctic. I thought about gardening. I thought about walking. I thought about a few minutes on the cross-trainer but I felt lazy. Then I felt sick. No dinner for me.

Dealing with a health problem that has little official recognition is getting me down. But at least I'm generally healthy, other than this pestiferous problem and high blood pressure which is well controlled with meds.. I have a friend who had a heart attack a few years ago, she was fairly fit and healthy but there is a genetic predisposition toward heart problems. She never seemed to recover as one would expect. Recently she had a stroke and we discovered a secret she had been hiding from her family. She has a rare muscle wasting disease, similar to MS. No long walks for her again, not without a miracle of healing. She can just manage a walker but most of the time depends on a wheelchair. I'm looking forward to visiting with her when we go to Christchurch next month but it will be sad too. I'm fortunate to have extra good genes. My friend is 5 years younger than me.

I have been inspired to get myself on track with my plan and stop messing about with it. Loretta posted a link to Margene. I have read her whole blog and there's something about it which has helped me think more clearly about what I'm doing. I was impressed by the way she stuck to the plan and week after week with only a handful of weeks in the whole year with no weight loss. It's a remarkable storye

Today John helped me find my Lean For Life Work-Book and I've been re-aligning my thinking. Guess what? If I stayed true to the plan, day after day, week after week, I could be at goal by the end of the year. Margene's Blog is called Believing It's Possible Is Half The Battle. This fits very well with my faith. My title is based on this scripture from Genesis 18:14 (NIV)

Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.

Faith activated miracle, (possibilities!).

and this one from Matthew 19:26 (NASB)

And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

I may not be able to do this on my own but with my hand in the hand of God it becomes possible.

I believe I can do this. It's the doing I get hung up on from time to time. Well that is about to change. Watch this space.

Remind me when I deviate from the plan.

2 comments:

Cammy said...

I'm sorry you're feeling poorly!

I believe you can stay on your plan (or really close to it), too! And I agree that believing is half the battle! Maybe even 50%. :) :)

Rettakat said...

I'm so happy that Margene's blog is helping you. I find it inspiring, too. Her photos are amazing to see.

I'm with you... success comes from the DOING. And that's what I'm working on, too.

With God's help, we WILL do this.