QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Monday, April 11, 2011

I'M DOING IT

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketDrum roll please.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After hovering around 97 kg since the middle of last year I have finally cracked it and this morning was amazed and pleased to see 94 kg on the scales. That brings my total weight lost since January 2010, when I decided there was No Turning Back, to 12 kg or 25 pounds. I like pounds best. *giggle*

It seems a little crazy to me that I couldn't do this through the summer. Here it is quite chilly and one thing I really dislike is being cold. Eating Low Carb and losing weight I find it very hard to stay warm. I suppose I should turn it to my advantage and get walking more if only to keep warm. We are going to Christchurch in 4 weeks time. I really wanted to be under 90 kg when we leave. It's beginning to look as though it might just be possible. But.... Christchurch is a lot colder than home. I will need all my thermal underwear and warm top clothes. The plan was to shop while there and I'll certainly do that.... with what is a mute point, We have NO Spare Cash but I've put this off for two winters now and really must get a new jacket and jerseys and pants/slacks and a couple of long sleeved tops. I really must shop. The cool thing is I will be buying at least 1 size if not 2 sizes smaller than last time I shopped. I should be able to get into tops size (NZ)18 and pants size (NZ)20 Not sure how this translates to USA or Europe. All I know is I am shrinking and there's No Turning Back.

I am pleased to think that this is one way I can support Christchurch as the business world recovers from the earthquake. Not to mention that it is pretty much impossible to find warm clothes I like locally. Our climate is mild so the selection of winter clothes is fairly limited.

In the last week we have spoken to our South Island sons and I keep a close eye on the Christchurch News. There is so much to do. Roads are so damaged that right now many of the repairs are patch up jobs just to make the roads safe. Re-construction will go on for years. Imagine it. All the infra-structure, buildings, business and social life have taken a century and a half to develop. Yes New Zealand is that young. In 1 minute it becomes broken, munted, to use the Major's words. How can it be rebuilt? Certainly not overnight. More on this over on my NZ Diary. I'm going there to write now.

11 comments:

Phyllis said...

Congrats! and you sound so very upbeat about your accomplishment as well you should be.

Merikay said...

I'm down 5 pounds in less than a month. I am determined to loose some weight before summer.

About 55 to go!

Hippygal said...

Whoohoo congrats on breaking the barrier 

Rettakat said...

How encouraging that must be for you! Yay you!

Sunny said...

YAY for you!!!! Very proud of you! :)

Bella said...

This is so exciting! I'm so happy for you that you're doing everything that you set out to do. I know you're going to keep it up. :)

Mama Bear June said...

The Incredible Shrinking Woman! Congrats on breaking the barrier. What a great way to celebrate, by helping others. I get cold when I'm losing weight, too!

Sarah said...

Congrats on your weight loss so far!

I can definitely relate with you on that cold thing...It is snowing here right now. SNOWING! Where is Spring? I'm freezing my bum off!

Keep it up!

Susan said...

First, Thanks for following my blog. Congratulations an the loss. In my journey in weight loss I have gone to thrift / resale stores when I have had to shop for clothes. Do you have anything like that there? It sure helped my budget. Continued success to you.

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine F. said...

Congratulations beautiful lady and good to hear of your progress. The anti-Candida diet can be a real bummer, but the realisation of the effect of the particular carbs can be so apparent! I'm getting back into it gradually, so you'll see more comments from me in the next few weeks!

Take care and keep up the wonderful steps you are taking.