QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Monday, February 14, 2011

TODAY IN BLOGLAND

I was doing very well until I needed to stay at Mum's on Saturday night so our daughter could stay closer to her very sick patients. Jay was on call for the weekend and it was better for her to stay with friends than be an hours drive away. All part of living in a rural area that;s lightly populated.


I was in a mood about having to pack up and my meal plans were upset. The mood continued and instead of getting Mum and I a healthy tea we bought fish and chips. I also ordered a hamburger since I'm not so keen on fish. Poor choices continued and today I've been trying to undo the damage. But It's never that simple. It seems to me that five out of seven days is just not good enough and this morning the scales let me know what they think. Today has been better so hopefully I'll see that improvement in the numbers tomorrow.

This post is going to be a bit of a smorgasbord.

I found Loretta discussing the sadness of missing out on things she really would like to do. I began a short comment which grew into the following poem . Not a great poem but an expression of how I have learned to live with sad things. I don't think it's possible to live seven decades without having experienced sadness.

SADNESS IS A STEPPING STONE TO LIVING STRONG

I like it that sadness is legitimate.
Sadness isn't badness.
It's fine to feel upset,
even angry
when you want to go to something
and for whatever reason
It cannot be.

I feel as though
I've lived with this
for most of my life.

Are feelings facts?
Are feelings true?
Sometimes.

First feel the pain
Then let acceptance
Walk through your door.
Contentment will follow
I promise.

Wishing you peace and joy
In the midst of
WHAT IS!

Life is not passing you by
You are living
Learning,
Dealing,
Growing
More like Him
Day by day,
Moment by Moment.
Savour this.

There was another sweet moment when I turned to The lighter Side of Low-Carb.

I love it when people who I have discovered on-line turn out to be friends. Somehow it completes a circle. Today I had the joy of finding the story of Ann H, who I admire greatly, featured on Jamie's site. I use many of Jamie's recipes and ideas.

Click here's for Jamie's Blog and the link to Ann's Success Story

Ann's Blog fascinates, amuses and inspires me. Find the Carb Tirpper here

3 comments:

Anne H said...

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Happy Valentine's Day!

Phyllis said...

Have a great day, dear Heart.

Chris H said...

I too am not that fussed on fish... but our local takeaway does a mean as snapper!
You pay through the nose for it ... but it's worth it.
I too think Anne H's story is neat.
Good luck getting back on track.