QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Sunday, February 6, 2011

CAN I MAKE A WISH COME TRUE?






Sometime during the week I saw a phrase, one we see frequently in advertising or maybe motivational material.

IF YOU WERE GIVEN ONE WISH, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

My first thought was TRAVEL.

Then I thought again and realised that I do not want to travel without optimum health. I know many do and disabled people travel all the time but there comes a point when travel and just living in general takes a whole heap of energy if you haven't looked after your general health and fitness.

If there is anything I long for above all things it is good health, mentally, spiritually and physically. Much of this is in my own hands.

Most of my health issues revolve around my weight and what I eat and the exercise I do. That makes improvement a no-brainer. Right?

There's a dimension of life we give only a passing thought to unless we are 'spiritual nuts.'

I must confess I really struggle in this area of my life. It is hard to admit this. I know God's ways are higher, better than mine. I have been a full on Christian from the day of my Spiritual Birth in 1974. I have enthusiastically served in the Church and among my family and friends. Sometimes unwisely but that's another story.

I used to be a praying woman. I used to read my Bible daily. Now it often sits unopened one week to another. I discovered the joy of soaking in His Presence with inspirational music and songs. One day when there was a great need in our lives, I went down onto a quiet beach, a place not overlooked by houses and danced and sang and worshiped, just me and God. Things changed.

I know personally what the writer was saying in Psalm 63.

You, God, are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.

I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;

with singing lips my mouth will praise you.


On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.

Because you are my help,

I sing in the shadow of your wings.


I cling to you;

your right hand upholds me.


Those who want to kill me will be destroyed;

they will go down to the depths of the earth.

They will be given over to the sword

and become food for jackals.


But the king will rejoice in God;

all who swear by God will glory in him,

while the mouths of liars will be silenced.


I have faced some extremely hard situations and always turned to God for help and found it. I have discovered immeasurable joy in the Presence of God. I love being with His people. But something changed. I am different. I can put a date on the change. My world fell apart. I have talked with one or two close friends, battled to recover, but I still have times when things go haywire.

I was doing so well a few weeks ago. I was tracking, eating reasonably well, exercising, feeling positive, motivated and then I got a tummy bug and I have been all over the place ever since. The skin problem seems to be getting worse, I don't want to leave the house. My sleeping patterns are bad, bad, bad. Last night I didn't go to bed until after 4 am and stayed there until 10.30 am. This is Sunday folk. I should have been up and running and off to Church and spending time with friends. It hasn't been a bad week. Nothing awful has happened. There is nothing going on to cause me any more anxiety or stress than usual. I have no excuse. There is no reason. I feel myself going out of control.

When self control goes out of whack what to do. First SEEK GOD.

I cannot change the past. I cannot undo damage done, especially by others.

I can change my own behavior but right now even that seems beyond me. I need help from my God, a Power higher than me. And that is where I am right now.

I opened my email this morning to find an offer that's hard to resist. Is it worth it? Can this book help me find my way ... permanently, not simply a band-aid fix.

I know the ministry it comes from and it's trustworthy but will this book be something I already know, more of the same old, same old, or will it be truly strengthening and inspiring? I guess I won't know unless I read it. I need some permanent answers. It's not good that something that happened a few years ago can still drag me down. It's not good that circumstances, and situations set up along time ago have power to destroy me. That's being a victim. I refuse to be a victim of myself or any other thing.



THIS BOOK WILL TEACH YOU THE KEYS TO:

  • Drop the excess weight! And keep it off.
  • Discover Anti-Aging and Age-Reversal secrets.
  • Super-energize your Body.
  • Super-charge your Immune System.
  • Discover the raw power of Miracle Superfoods.
  • Experience God on a whole new level!
  • Reboot your mind, body and spirit to fulfill your destiny.


"Motivating, informative
and inspirational."
Joe Mendez, Biz news Media

Click Here to Buy it Now!

Buy now for only $14.95, and I will throw in absolutely free my brand new CD called "As A Man Thinks," where I bring you practical teaching on the power of your thoughts and how to harness the power of God's thoughts in you to tap into the destiny God has specifically designed for you!
(A $25 value for only $14.95)





It sounds too good to be true. Is this just another motivational, weight loss book? I'm heartily sick of looking in all the wrong and useless places. I'm thinking that at the price it's worth the risk. I hope I won't be disappointed and I hope I don't have to wait too long. It will probably be posted snail mail which means it could take 6 months to get to New Zealand. I won't hold my breath.

In the meantime. Today I am semi-fasting. yoghurt and berries for breakfast. A protein smoothie made with protein powder, berries, yoghurt and milk and maybe a vegetable meal later but probably not. I'm going to make a HUGE effort to drink at least 6 large mugs of strawberry and mango tea or green tea or plain water. I've a long way to go.

Now I need to soak my complaining skin in a soothing bath. I'll take a good book with me. Probably one my Bill Johnson, pastor of Bethel, Redding Ca.




I WILL MAKE MY WISH FOR OPTIMUM HEALTH COME TRUE.

.

8 comments:

heyduke50 said...

You really only need to focus on your inner spirit and how you want to associate that inner you to the spiritual you... you are doing fine - just keep your spirit enriched and all will be fine...

Phyllis said...

So glad to "see" you here. I've been thinking about you with all the bad weather down in your way.

Funny thing - I saw the date on your blog and it said SUNDAY! What I thought? It's not Sunday yet. But oh yes it is - in your part of the world.

Take care of yourself.

Levonne said...

MargieAnne, Thank you for following Levonne's Pretty Pics. I know that you will achieve optimum health with the great attitude that you have. I look forward to hearing more about New Zealand. John and I traveled there once. Loved it.

Hippygal said...

You will find that inner strength, and as for the book you never know it may just be the one, that motivates you again.... who knows, life is full of challenges, and we are not victims, though we tend to see ourselves as victims all the time, we need to sort our crap out and just get on with it. Take care xx

Merikay said...

Finding good health is like many other persist. If you don't try you will never get there.

One of my blog friends always ends her blog with "Don't wish on a star, reach for one!"

Chris H said...

I have often thought of that...if I could have one wish.
And my answer is always the same.
I would wish both my brothers were still alive.

Anne H said...

Love the post -
and LOVE coconut oil!
It's a real good thing!
I even use it after the shower!
Good luck on your fluid intake!

Stephanie said...

I've asked myself that question many times, and I always wish for my nephew to be cured of his Muscular Dystrophy. That would be such a wonderful wish come true. *HUGS*