QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Sunday, January 2, 2011

FIRST SUNDAY OF THE YEAR

PAUANUI COMMUNITY CHURCH


This pretty little church is right in the Shopping Centre. It's used by all the Christian denominations who co-operate over timing of their individual services and come together once a month and for special celebrations like Easter and Carol services. The Christmas Display is designed by Julie, my friend and Leader of women is the wife of the Pastor of the Baptist Christian Fellowship. Each year she gathers a team around her who help finish the figures and arrange the scenes.



STAINED GLASS WINDOW DEPICTS ALL ASPECTS OF THE COROMANDEL PENINSULA FROM FOREST AND BEACH TO GOLD MINING.


















MY FRIENDS ARE THE DECORATION


The golden palm trees and and sweet hosts of angels help tell the story.














PART OF A GORGEOUS TRIO














HE HAS INTENSE EYES FROM WATCHING OUT FOR HIS FLOCKS IN THE STRONG SUNLIGHT.






We've had a full day and I totally went off the rails as far as my healthy plan goes. I'm glad I can begin afresh tomorrow.

Too late I thought I should have prepared a picnic lunch and snacks. We left home at 8.45 am so I could go to church in Pauanui and catch up with special friends. There is always a shared lunch in the church after the service so I thought we'd just join in but John was like a fish out of water and while I was having a great time chatting with friends he's there like a sore toe, painfully on my mind. John had gone down to do some serious beach watching while I was in church. He returned at mid-day but clearly was uncomfortable. His problem, but I thought it prudent not to prolong his agony. We soon left and chose a quiet spot to just sit and watch before getting coffee and going home.

I'm so glad John drove me down as the traffic was awful. But it's not quite the same when he's with me. I'm torn between wanting to enjoy his company and spending time with my friends who I don't see often enough.

I thought I might have a swim but just couldn't be bothered making the effort when it meant messing about in public changing shed and not being able to shower before I dressed. I'm not even going to try to remember details of what I ate. it wasn't terrible just not what's best for me.

Tomorrow is another day. We'll have a quiet morning until our house guests leave then it will be on with the washing machine and out with the cleaning cloths. I have a possible booking for Wednesday evening so will check they are still coming and potter around till everything is back where it belongs. John is amazing. He will quite probably do most of the work while I fluff around looking busy. *giggles*

I'm also looking forward to a long soak in the bath and leisurely shower to cleanse my scalp. Although it's possible that the two swims I've had have done no harm and may even have been good for my poor traumatised skin.

Tomorrow will be what it will be.

I've put most of my photos from today on my NZ Diary.


There's a New Posts at NZ Diary for those who are interested.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful little church! Your pictures are always so breathtaking, MargieAnne. :) I hope you have a fantastic new year, full of happiness and blessings! *HUGS*