QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Sunday, January 30, 2011

FAMILY, CHURCH, SUN, BEACH AND WONDERFUL VIEWS



THIS WAS TODAY'S VIEW FROM MUM'S BALCONY



As I reflect on today I am thinking about what a wonderful life I have been given. John drove me into town this morning so I could go to Church. I enjoyed being with friends and felt truly blessed to be there.


A LOVELY DAY FOR SWIMMING ALTHOUGH THE SEA IS DISCOLOURED BY ALL THE RUN OFF FROM THE HILLS



John doesn't think he needs to go to Church so he went down by the boat ramp and watched all the pleasure craft going in and out and round and about. He also had a chat with the duty policeman about the road. We counted 11 slips, (landslides), between Matarangi and Simpsons Beach. They all came down in the rain on Friday night and none were marked, nor were there any warning signs. Most blocked half the road making it one-way traffic only and quite dangerous as they were on blind bends. The police are as frustrated as anyone and hoping to get through the weekend without an accident. It's a holiday weekend, the last major holiday of the summer so there is much more traffic than usual.

THREE IN A ROW


























One in the water, two to go. Amazing how much discussion and organisation this involves.











Here comes a distraction but our boys are too intent on getting out to sea.















ONE OF MY NIECES WAS HEARD SAYING OUR NEIGHBOURS HAVE WAY TOO MANY TOYS















HAVEN'T SEEN THIS ONE BEFORE



















CAN THEY CONTROL THE KITE AND STAND ON A BOARD?

The water ski is just another person buzzing around the Bay.








I THINK HE'S GETTING THE IDEA


Jay prepared a lovely lunch. I had nothing to do with it. It feels kind of strange after years of taking responsibility for such events. She baked a perfect bacon and egg pie from the new Annabel Langbein Cookery Book giving it a little tweak by adding courgettes which prevented any hint of dryness. To accompany it there was fresh crusty bread, broccoli salad, and mixed lettuce and tomato salad. For dessert we had a light as air chocolate sponge filled with fresh cream made by my sister-in-law. Altogether there were 10 of us. We had a wonderful time of chatter and laughter. The most relaxed family gathering for a long time. Jay and one of her cousins went for a swim during the afternoon. I thought about it but just couldn't be bothered. It wasn't the swim so much as showering and dressing afterward.

We stayed on for tea and Mum shouted takeaways. I had an average burger with fries, others had various forms of seafood.

It was dark when we hit the road and again negotiated the unmarked slips. Not nice as even when we knew they were there it was nerve-wracking and our lights didn't pick the up until the last moment.

Now we are all cozied up in the bus and it's time to say nigh-nighs.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness ... those pictures are just STUNNING! I would love to be standing there looking at such beautiful scenery.

Chris H said...

I hope all the slips are cleared by now.
Gorgeous photos of our favoutie beach.... well I say 'favourtie' only cos we have such fond memories of at least 30 summer's spent there with our kids.
Matarangi is beautiful too.. I never knew how nice it was until we stayed with you, thank you for that!

DaDivaStreet said...

Breathtaking photos! I cannot imaging having a view like that, but I would love to have it. Must post my views sometime so you know how blessed you are. Thanks for the feedback, not giving up, but you are right, it does take effort. Have a wonderful week!