QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Sunday, December 5, 2010

PRE-VIEW OF WHAT'S TO COME

I've been adding daily diary notes to my tracker each day.

This morning I found this just flowed so thought I should bring it on over here. There are a few controversial aspects to this post, some medical and some spiritual. I assure you this is not an attack on anyone's beliefs. This is how I have found life to be and I know I don't have all the answers. If I did I would not be seeking truth.

As my energy improves I'm going to do a series of posts about dealing with Candida Problems my way, how it has affected my life and family and what steps I take to minimise it's affect on my life. Living well with Candida problems is a challenge, not least the lack of concern from the general medical profession.

As a Christian, one of the most difficult things to deal with has been the profusion of knowledge, help and advice from the Alternative Healing people. Some of it is good some of it is downright dangerous and some of it totally unnecessary or too expensive. There are a lot of people becoming fat cats on the alternative health band wagon and not all of them are genuine. Sadly, for me, many of the Holistic Health people are also involved in what I would term occult practice. I know they don't see it this way and I have no intention of challenging them or their beliefs but they are not for me.

I've had to sift through, what to me is either garbage or based on dark spiritualism and find the truth. I'm not a great researcher. It's not something I enjoy because it takes a certain level of discipline and enthusiasm which I don't have. But when you need to know something, you have to search, so search I have. Maybe one day I'll have the courage to write about what I deem to be dangerous ideas and practices.

I've also had to believe in myself. Many of my Christian friends would be horrified by the places I have gone for information.

Let's put it this way. I have been blessed with a sense of discernment of good and evil. I will know almost immediately which spiritual realm someone is working in. Sometimes I'm wrong but most times I pick it up fairly quickly. I have learned to glean the important, not be afraid of negative forces and jump with fright at spooks. That doesn't mean I'm going to walk with them, it means I no longer throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I can do this because i am confident of my Father's protection. Jesus came to give me life in all it's abundance. I don't always have that. Part of an abundant life should be good health and well being. This is not always so for everyone but that doesn't mean we should accept less. We pray, asking God that things be on earth as they are in heaven. I don't think anyone in heaven struggles with fatigue and unwellness. God could Zap me well in an instant but He's left me with this learning curve which all too often feels as though it's more than I can bear, certainly more than I think I need.

My part is do the best I can and learn the best way to live and remain as healthy as possible in spite of my limitations. I'm doing this the best way I know and trusting God to help me through, to protect me from dangerous side tracks and lead me forward.

I have longed over the years for some good information from Christian and scientific people. There is some but most of it remains anecdotal. I will write out my story and it will be anecdotal but maybe it will help someone else and maybe someone with a scientific bent will add it to their knowledge and find it useful in their research.

I can but do the best I can with what I have.



2 comments:

Rettakat said...

I appreciate this post.. it is very similar to my approach. Except you might be a bit more patient than I am with fellow Christians who have a fearful knee jerk reaction to anything not sporting a cross or fish. ;-)

There is truth out there, and if it is TRUE, I believe it came from God. That others appropriate it and take credit for it, or assign weird meanings to it doesn't make it less truthful.

Like you said, discernment is key.

One place I really have come to trust over the years is Dr Mercola. http://www.mercola.com/

He is a Christian doctor, and has done tons of research. I don't agree 100% with everything, but he is fairly spot on with most stuff, in my opinion (and that's all it is, an opinion).

I look forward to your posts on your recovery from the candida.
Loretta
=^..^=

Janna Qualman said...

This is the way to do it, though. Find your truth, and that which makes your heart feel most right with God, for YOUR life, and follow it.

Best with your endeavors! I think you'll inspire many. :)