QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Friday, December 31, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD

'
A few notes to end the year. 2010 will all be over in less than 45 minutes in New Zealand.

This is a BIG PARTY night but John is already asleep and I am on my way to bed. I love parties. I love people but somehow this has all got lost in the last few years.

If 2011 holds nothing more for me than new enthusiasm for life I will be happy. I'm not the person I should be. One could blame old age but something else has happened. It's as if someone came along and extinguished my spark, put out the flame. I don't like the person I am now. She seems dull and boring. There are moments when the wonderful, brilliant, bright, funny, spunky, effervescent me comes through but on the whole I'm lost.

I want the real Me back. I know when things went black and I've slowly been able to remove much of the darkness but too much remains.

Ann H. has written a post today which describes what has happened to me. Ripples going backwards.




If nothing else 2011 will be a year of healing and restoration.

I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

No champagne but I'll drink from the well of Living Water that Jesus made available.

Here's to 2011.

Here's to relighting my Flame.

Have another drink.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy New Year, MargieAnne! I hope 2011 is full of happiness and blessings for you and yours. *HUGS*

Phyllis said...

I am trusting that the new year will bring you peace of mind and restoration. Keep the faith, friend!

Ann (-48 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

So, how's the new year looking so far, MargieAnne? Happy 2011 to you, I hope it is your best year yet.

When I count the many blessings that Our Lord has bestowed upon me this year, you are on the list!

I miss NZ, but have so much fun revisiting it through your posts.

My husband won't make it to midnight either (doesn't even try anymore). Getting much-needed sleep isn't altogether a bad way to ring in the new year, I suppose. It is certainly healthy! LOL

All the best in 2011 ...

Holy Hannah said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for all your wonderful comments in the past 2010.

Stephanie

Marie said...

Happy New Year

Cammy said...

Happy New Year to you and John! And best of wishes for finding your spark!

Kate said...

happy new year Margieanne! sorry i havent posted in awhile on your blog, but have been away for christmas and new year. i hope you are well and looking forward to seeing HEAPS more blog posts from you in 2011!! love kate xox

Rettakat said...

That was a very insightful post from Anne. I could relate to it, from my past.

Healing and restoration... The Father is good at that kind of thing. :-) I think it must give Him joy to do that... and I pray that this will be a glorious year for you, and that your Flame is being re-lit as we speak!

Loretta
=^..^=