QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'VE BEEN BUSY DOING NOTHING IN PARTICULAR

The 10 day drought is over. Define drought as No Blogging. Oh I've been reading. In fact I've kept up to date with all the Blogs I follow and it's a lot. I've even managed to leave a few comments, helpful, encouraging or otherwise.

Now it's time for me to get back into the habit of writing for me and my readers.

What have we been doing?




NEARLY ALL ARE HERE










WAITING FOR LUNCH


Friday of Labour Weekend, Oct 22-25th, our Rotorua son, G, arrived late, like midnight, with youngest son and his wife, W & A who he'd met at Auckland airport. We talked until 3 am so Saturday was a bit of a wash out apart from more talking. Sunday we all met for lunch at Mum's. We reckon 30 or so including the young ones. We were aged,6 months to 95 years, ate well and talked well. The best part of the day for me was a walk alone on the beach followed by a gradual gathering at the bottom of the section just enjoying the company of one another in a relaxed way. It reminded me of summer's past.

YOUNGEST FAMILY MEMBER WITH HIS dAD


I struggle with family days and this weekend was no exception. The obvious was that the last time we planned a gathering was for Mum's 95th birthday and my sister-in law was killed in a car accident. There are some other things I won't write about here but cause me a great deal of grief. I've tried and tried to let this go but the truth is every time we gather some things will be brought to the surface and they are painful. Sorrow and joy all mixed up and that's my life. I was glad TWJ was ready to come home when I suggested it about 6 pm.


THE TABLE IS LAID


I felt overwhelmed in the room full of people so escaped to the beach as soon as good manners allowed. It was nice to breath sea air. I think living quietly, as we do, is having an effect on my ability to cope in a large group. Yet I don't seem to have the same problem at church. Maybe it's that at church we mostly have the same focus, worship and fellowship in the presence of God. I love that. But a roomful of people with differing interests while fascinating and exhilarating is too much.







PLENTY OF CHOICE












NOW WE CAN FEAST


















PREPARING FRESHLY COLLECTED SCALLOPS. THEY WENT DIVING EARLY THIS MORNING















60 CLEAN FAT SCALLOPS

















LIGHTLY COOKED ON THE BBQ AND SERVED WITH FRESH BUTTERED ROLLS

















DIVER AND COOK















A PERFECT LABOUR WEEKEND DAT













CHILDREN SWIM ALTHOUGH HE SAID THE WATER WAS COLD. BRRRR!

















ANOTHER WATER BABY










PERFECT MATCH. SAND AND CHILDREN. NOT SURE WHY THEY CHOSE THE BLACK SAND INSTEAD OF THE GOLDEN. MAYBE IT WAS WARMER.












RELAXING IN THE AFTERNOON SUN


Monday everybody left. They left behind lollies, 3/4 of the cake I baked and more. Last week became a week of eating off plan. The sweets and cake were finally gone but the cravings were not and I became really lazy about my choices. Today I'm paying the price with cranky knees, other aches and pains, and struggling to eat more healthy foods while turning away from the stuff that makes me unwell.

The rest of last week is a bit of a blur while the highlight of the weekend was going to church. Yesterday I blobbed as usual except that TWJ was getting cross with me because we are supposed to be preparing for our first paying guests of the season.

We rent our house as a Holiday House to generate a little extra income. It's only for 2 nights this weekend but we like to have the house pristine with beds made up and we move out to the bus taking most of our clothes and leaving basics like coffee, tea, sugar and spices in the house. I should have spring cleaned and although the house is small it's not going to happen. It will be enough to leave it clean, tidy and attractive with all our personal stuff out of the way.

There are a few things to iron, like the pillow cases, and more books and magazines to get out of the way then I have lots of dusting. I guess TWJ will do the floors and I will do the pantry. I need to make sure I've got all sorted so I can do any last minute shopping on Thursday.

If you want to see how well I'm not doing with my healthy eating etc. go here. I'm going to update in a little while and it's not the best. I need some motivation. Is there an injection for enthusiasm that works miracles instantly? Looking back over some of my Blog titles I sound depressed. I refuse to go on medication so just have to pull myself out of the mire with the help of God.

Today I read this

"God cut through that shrubbery to make way towards that open field of beauty. You do not need to search for the way out, for He has cut you a path."


Traci Michelle writes here

Many times I have struggled through different things and likened my life to trekking through a dark forest with just a glimmer of light to show me there will be a time when I am not surrounded by tall, dark, forbidding trees.

I never thought of asking God, or expecting Him, to clear the way. There are so many hindrances to the life I want to live, so many hindrances to living free right now that I need to take this message to heart. I'm encouraged. Thank-you Traci Michelle.

Now to update my tracker.

7 comments:

Phyllis said...

I do pray you feel better and get out of your flunk soon, dear friend.

How sweet that you rent out your house. I had always thought it would be neat to run a B&B but then again, gosh that sounds like a lot of work!

Raych said...

I wish there was an injection for enthusiasm! If I could bottle that feeling...Whew, I could afford ten personal trainers and a few nutritionists to live in my mansion in Hawaii. Eh, I can dream, lol.

Anyway, maybe you should write down your goals or something? Do whatever you have to do but hop back on that wagon!!

-Raych
http://losingwithraych.blogspot.com

Merikay said...

It's fun to read how you are moving toward summer, as we move toward winter!

Rettakat said...

"Sorrow and joy all mixed up and that's my life."

I kind of think that is MOST people's lives, if we are honest with ourselves. But I am learning that while I deal with the sorrowful parts, for me it helps to focus with gratitude on the joyful parts.

I identified with what you said about being in noisy crowds. Even though you are with loved ones even, it can get too much after awhile.

How lovely that you got to walk along the beach for a break. I've seen your beach photos, and it's so beautiful there.

Loretta
=^..^=

Bella said...

I think you should practice that saying, "fake it 'till you make it," which basically means that you should start living as the more health conscious person you want to be, and soon enough, you'll be back on track.

Kate said...

aw margie anne it sounds like you are stuck in a bit of rut at the moment. with the silly season approaching its going to be a hard couple of months no doubt - for all of us. much love and hugs for you xo

Chibi said...

I love all of your pictures - always gorgeous. Keep on keeping on, MargieAnne. You can totally do this. <3