QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Friday, October 22, 2010

HOLIDAY WEEKEND

Lots of this and this and this for the next three days




The last couple of days have flown by.

Wednesday TWJ came with me to Mum's and we had lunch with her before doing her grocery shopping and some for us too. We were able to come home mid-afternoon which is always a bonus.

Thursday, (yesterday), I went over on my own and did some more grocery shopping because we are having family stay this weekend and YOU DON'T WANT TO RUN OUT WHILE THEY ARE HERE. It's also a holiday weekend, being Labour Weekend and people go a little crazy as though there will never be a shop open for the next 6 months. Never mind that Whitianga is a holiday destination and most shops are open 7 days a week with the supermarket open at least 12 hours each day. It really isn't much fun for the locals if you forget a couple of things and need to pop in on Saturday. It can take an hour to get through checkout at peak times. Why on earth people are willing to spend so much time shopping when on holiday I cannot figure out.

I left Mum after preparing and starting a roast dinner in her oven, in time to be home to watch Master Chef Australia. I don't do dinner every time I'm there because I'm lazy/tired and longing to get home. It's something I should do more often because I know how nice it is for my daughter when she gets in from work if she doesn't have to get dinner from scratch. Sometimes her job is easy and other times not so. She's a Community Nurse, visiting people in their homes for post operative care, hospice care, aged care and whatever other stuff the Dr thinks can be done at home. In this area they do a lot of driving, all on our narrow twisty roads and that alone can be supremely stressful.

The weekend holiday traffic began yesterday and today it will reach peak between 5 and 8 pm. Many drivers do not handle the roads well. City people often freak out and make things more difficult with either poor judgement and unsafe passing or travelling at a snail's pace. Most drivers are tired after a long week and eager to reach their destination. Not a good mix. Jay will be in the midst this afternoon. My sons are coming from Auckland Airport and since the flight doesn't get in till 8 pm the holiday traffic should be well and truly over by the time they hit the road.

I am not at all organised because I've spent my time Blogging instead of doing housework. I wish I loved housework. I love the results and once I start I often enjoy it but the thought of actualiy getting started is daunting. It's a bit like getting out there and doing the exercise needed to keep healthy.

A quick run down of what I must do and what I want to do, not in any particular order. Mum didn't need us today, Friday, so I have no excuses.

1. Personal Laundry
2. Tidy around my computer/recliner site in the living room.
3. Finish prettying up the 2 bedrooms to welcome folk.
4. Catch up again on today's Blog reading. No time to pause and comment.
5. Bake a cake
6. Make a large frittata
7. Tidy up the stuff I threw in a closet out of the way.
8. Tidy our bedroom
9. Bath my poor skin, wash my hair and look pretty
10. Look as though I haven't a care in the world and be fresh as a daisy, with snacks and drinks at the ready, around 11pm when G the paraplegic and W his wife A arrive.

Do any other Kiwis or Aussies have trouble with the time lapse and dates on their Blogs? Blogspot automatically dates my posts somewhere in United States time. Right now in New Zealand it's almost 1 pm, Friday, October 22nd. I accidentally published a few minutes ago and Blogger records it as being 4.12 pm, Thursday, October 21st. Since I tend not to write at the same time each day I can get confused about how long it has been since I last posted.

I'm going to have a good weekend and I'm not talking about food here. How about you?

5 comments:

Ann (-20 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

Beautiful pictures, MargieAnne. Enjoy your holiday weekend! It looks like you're having gorgeous weather.

Lynda said...

The time is determined under your "settings" and then "formatting". Go down to time zone and set it to Auckland NZ, that should solve the problem for you :)

Chris H said...

I see Lynda has solved the time problem for you... this is good.
I hope your weekend has gone well... the weather certainly has been wonderful for a change.

Vicki said...

What beautiful photos!!

I gave you an award HERE

Stephanie said...

Beautiful pictures! I hope you had a great holiday weekend! :)