QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

LIFE IS GOOD

I'm feeling better today.

Just a few minutes here and I'll be off to Mum's for lunch and to do some grocery shopping.

Have heaps to do at home but it can wait until tomorrow morning now. Son and wife from Christchurch and son from Rotorua arriving late Friday night. Beds to make-up, rooms to tidy, baking and meal prep. It will be so nice to see them again.

Meantime I'm seeing the benefit of spending more time on feeding my spirit. I still am not sleeping well. Most nights I do well to get more than 5 hours. That's having a big impact on my ability to function in every area of life. My scalp and back a few other areas of my body still drive me bananas with itchiness. I frequently break the skin with all the frenzied itching. But I think I might be finding ways to get on top. I am taking antihistamine tablets. For the first week they made me feel awful but I seem to have adjusted to them now. I also use heaps of 1% hydrocortisone lotion and other aqueous creams. I haven't been gluten free for at least a week but I'm getting right back into it today. It's all extra expense we don't need but I need to function well to improve my health. A bit of a 'catch 22' situation.

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

My granddaughter (age 4) has severe eczema and lots of allergies. My daughter researched and found a doctor who has proven a connection between the four A's. Allergies, asthma, ADHD and autism. She has the first three.
She is on a gluten free diet. Also, no eggs, dairy, apples, chocolate, peanuts. She gets special shots in her wrist every other month. Quite a challenge but it is working.

SO dear, I can understand your desire to scratch. It is amazing that the foods we eat can have such an effect on us in so many unexpected ways.

Chibi said...

Sending you buckets of love.

xoxo

Sunny Days said...

Thanks for the wonderful encouragement!
I'm glad you are feeling better. Me too! Life sure has a lot of ups and downs. I'm glad we all have each other through it all.
Have a great week and hang in there! :)