QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Sunday, October 17, 2010

I WILL MISS MY DEAR FRIENDS

As I checked through my reading list tonightI discovered a short message written by Phyllis on The East Heads West to say Margie and Bruce were killed as they walked at Pismo Beach. Stephanie, their daughter, left a message on their Travel Blog

I am shocked and have lost a very special friend. Margie always read my Blog and left me some lovely comments. I am going to miss her very much. I met Margie when she began her Healthy Weight Blog about 12 months ago.

It was through this Blog I discovered the wonderful world of RV Bloggers. I am forever indebted to her for opening a whole new world to me.

I was looking forward to meeting them if we ever fulfill our dream to travel in USA again. That won't be but because we are all Christians I am comforted by the expectation that we will meet one day.

It is amazing how people can become very dear to us through this Blogging world.

My heart goes out to her family, Stephanie and Darin, the Grands, Zoey and Mackenzie, and their son Dennis and his girlfriend, Cindi.

Margie and Bruce have given their family some wonderful times to remember in this past year.

They holidayed with Stephanie, Darin and the girls in June last year at Walt Disney World then again at WDW with Dennis and Cindi in April this year. They spent this last summer having fun with their Grand daughters at home in Tumwater. Margie made a beautiful job of scrapbooking and made many photo albums. Just a few days ago Margie completed the title page on the last one. On October 2nd Margie wrote:-

I have enjoyed making these photo albums for the Grands. As I wrote previously, I have made 5 for Mackenzie including her Baby Book from birth thru 1st birthday. So, I have to get the same number of albums completed for Zoey before I am finished. Then I am retiring from this hobby. I began scrapbooking in 1993 and I have created over 30 albums. Family albums and vacation albums were the themes.




Family meant everything and Margie was like family here.

It's a sad day in Blogland but we can be glad Margie and Bruce are in Heaven together.

3 comments:

Rettakat said...

I'm so sorry you lost your friend. Even though we will see them again, it still hurts now.

It was gracious of the Lord to give you such a sweet time coming close to him at church, to prepare you for this hard news.

Hugs,
Loretta
=^..^=

Phyllis said...

Margie Anne - we lost a friend, didn't we? The grief is the same as if we had sat across the table from them having a cup of coffee. Perhaps at McDonalds where they enjoyed their English Muffins.

Hippygal said...

Am sorry to hear about your friends, what a tragedy. Take care xx