QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Thursday, October 7, 2010

I REALLY, REALLY NEED ANOTHER DAY OF SUNSHINE






NOT THIS HOT. PROBABLY AROUND 30'C/90'F ON THE BEACH AT SANTA MONICA IN FEB 2006

















WILL I WALK THIS WAY





















OR THE OTHER WAY OR BOTH DIRECTIONS FOR A DECENT DISTANCE.





















TWJ AT THE MOTEL WE STAYED AT ON GRASSY KEY














AWESOME BRIDGES IT WAS ALSO THE WEEKEND FOR HOGS AT DAYTONA













KEY WEST. NOW THAT WAS A LOVELY DAY!




What am I going to do to make today a good day?

First off there are some non-negotiables. I have some shopping followed by lunch with Mum and preparation of her evening meal then home to our dinner whatever that might be. I also hav a computer lesson with my neice this afternoon at Mum's.

That could be stressful but I need to get my photos onto an external drive before my laptop dies. It won't hurt to relieve the overload on it either. I tried to work out the program on my own but couldn't understand a thing. Why don't the simple wizard things work? All you have to do is click next and pray it works the way you intend. I don't want to lose my photos so I thought I'd better get an expert to show me. M. is a school teacher who has done extra studies to enable her to teach computers so I think we'll get on alright. It's just that all the experts say it's easy then rattle off instructions that make no sense to me and are too fast to take in anyway.

I have nothing planned for my lunch and dinner and that can be very bad for me. I'm not sure where I will fit in a decent walk. All the things important to me are up in the air waiting to see how the day works out between the 'must dos.' I'm not sure that's a good way to manage my bid to improve my health but it is what it is. One thing I do know. It's no easier to do this when you grow 'older and wiser.' Funny that. Some days I feel 100 years old others like a spring chicken. Sometimes the sun shines and others it rains.

It isn't getting any easier to go to Mum's two or more times a week. I know I should find it a delight but it's not. It's a chore. Yesterday I experienced a gut pain/bloating that made things difficult as I felt sick and slightly dizzy with it and that slowed me down for a time. This is not a serious problem/illness. But it is happening all to often on days I drive across the Kuaotuna hill to Mum's. I have a touch of the same again this morning. Psychosomatic pain? Partly but also caused by drinking a Nestle cappuccino, (sachet) first thing. Why do I do this to myself. Plain black plunger coffee and Cafe made cappuccinos do not do this to me.

My Nestle Cappuccino has become something of a comfort food as well as a quiet pleasure. Now I'm not against comfort foods but when they cause problems that's not genuine comfort that's self-sabotage.

I really must ignore those boxes of cafe style coffees when I walk down the aisle at the SuperMarket.

I do my household shopping with a strong focus on the things I need. I usually race down the aisles like a horse with blinkers stopping only at the sections I need to. Occasionally I pause to examine some product and check the price but mostly I know what I want and what I'm willing to spend my dollars on. I pass the chocolates and lollies, the pasta and prepared sauces with hardly a blink. The packets of chips and other snacks get barely a glance. But I have to stop by the coffee and teas. I need to be more disciplined as I throw what I need in my trolly. I need to avert my eyes from the cafe style coffees packets and home in on the stuff we need.

I'm an advertisers nightmare. I am not attracted by fancy advertiseing, special prices and new products, or so I tell myself. I mostly shop for what we consider basics and that's it. Partly this is the result of being on a tight budget. I cannot afford to be distracted by products that are not value for money either in quantity or quality or things that would simply be nice to have. When it comes to food I tend to go for taste rather than price but then I eliminate many things that are expensive or not essentials for us. Cafe coffee sachets are not essentials and all too often I see them as such.

I'm not quite a creature of habit and I do try 'new to me' products occasionally but I really prefer to keep things simple. I do read lots of foodie magazines and always check the latest recipe trends but many of my ventures into new stuff are not worth the effort so back to the tried and true. We're not entirely boring. A couple of nights ago I prepared chillie and garlic pawns with quinoa. It was OK but I'm not fussed about repeating it. I have another bag of frozen prawns and will look for another recipe.

Light Bulb. My stomach reacts badly to chilli. Is that why it's a bit angry with me?

Right ... today is going to be a good day.

1. Shopping .... plus purhase something satisfying and good for my lunch and our dinner, both must be minimum preparation. eg. steak for dinner, piece of chicken from the rotisserie for lunch. I've got salad and TWJ can do our veggies for dinner.

2. Afternoon with M.

3. Take a walk be it 10 minutes or an hour, whatever I have time for but a walk is non-negotiable.

Live today as though Life Is Good.

Make the sun shine in my heart even if the sky is leaden, which it is.

6 comments:

Cammy said...

I hope your day got brighter! I also hope you got those photos backed up. It would be a terrible shame to lose your lovely images!

Kate said...

hope you are hanging in there ok margieanne, you sound like you are on the go go go! at the moment. big hugs xox <3

Chris H said...

How did your day go? Was it a sunny day? Cloudy here... going to rain soon.
And did you get your walk in? We always walked on Simpson't beach to the left.. almost never to the right towards the rocks.

ladyofthehouse said...

I love looking at all of the beautiful pictures you post! I hope the backing up process goes well.
Hoping your day is far better than you are expecting it to be! Praying that God would give you a special sign today to show you how much He loves you!!
hugs -
diane :)

Merikay said...

Just like everything else. I's one step at a time. I'm walking again, but today my back hurts from crouching down in the low attic to get boxes etc. out to review!

I try to smile. But some days it's hard.

Stephanie said...

I hope your day turned out to be a great one, Margieanne. I love your pictures. *HUGS*