QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Saturday, September 25, 2010

MICE AND MEN

I have been preparing for months for my first official speaking engagement. On Wednesday I received a message that the program had changed and there would not be time for me. At first I was very disappointed and quite cross but the truth is I was not fully prepared so it let me off the hook. We went ahead with out plans to visit my sister in Tauranga and I went to the meeting anyway.

It was as well I did. Something was said which triggered a reaction and exposed how fearful I have become. I have faced so many hurts and three years ago came the worst one ever ...or should I say the one I that I am still dealing with. When something is exposed you have to find a way to deal with it and get free. I have some work to do in the prayer room, in my Father's arms. I need to discover the love that casts out fear.

Meantime I have 4 free days except for going to church tomorrow and meeting a friend for lunch.

My healthy plans are all awry. I need a quiet day yet there is much laundry and some other stuff to do. I haven't unpacked my case properly and put it away for 2 months.

I am making a 12 week plan which will of course be extended but I want to walk a half marathon and I want to become slimmer and healthier. Today is planning day. I haven't decided yet when I will walk the half marathon but it will either be Boxing Day, Dec. 26th, 5 am or Maybe New Years Day. I want to choose a day that will stand out. I expect to be doing this on my own but if I see something organised at around the right time I might join. But I want and early morning start because I' don't want to be finishing in the heat and it can be fairly warm by 9 am in December.

The weather is not so bad. I expect showers. There's a bit of a breeze but not cold and the sun really is trying to peep through.

Have a good weekend and I must get on and lay my plans out and get ready to follow through.

3 comments:

Margie M. said...

MargieAnne I wish you the very best! I wish I could give you a hug right now. Take care.

Ann (-8 lbs in 60 lb challenge) said...

Isn't it amazing how God takes care of us? You weren't ready to speak, got off the hook, but still attended and gained some important personal insight ... wonderful! How exciting, to be starting training for a half marathon! Your training theme can be "Boxer Day All The Way" You've set your goal, and it will be fun to watch you work toward achieving it! Best of luck!! xx

Chris H said...

There is a 'bar' at the top of your box when you are typing your blog post.. it has options there for font, size, colour, bold, italics.... adding photos etc. It's THERE!