QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Friday, August 13, 2010

THE SUN IS SHINING IN MY HEART EVEN IF THE WEATHER IS TURNING FOUL




See this post on my Goal page.

I am amazed. In a few days I've lost all the weight I've been bouncing around for the last month. On Sunday my scales said I weighed 100 kg. Today they say I weigh 96.5 kg. That's a loss of 3.5 kg/7.7 lbs. I can't believe I've lost that much weight so quickly, only 5 days. Of course I'm rapt to have done so, although I realise that it is mainly because I've drastically reduced my carbohydrate intake and that means I'm not retaining so much fluid. I take diuretics as part of my blood pressure management regime so this just goes to show how much fluid my body retains when excess starches are being eaten.

I've still got 3 days before my next official weigh in. It's looking good. I'm back with the 20 lb lost button which I refused to take down. I'm aiming for my first major milestone this year. It will be good to put up the button for my 10% of body weight lost.

I must be close to being in dietary ketosis. Maybe it's time to work the Lean For Life Program properly for the rest of this month at the very least. The program is in 6 week segments but I've been having this little thought about working it for 4 weeks and maintaining for 4 weeks. That gives me loads of time to adjust to the new weight and it's all good practice for the day when I reach a sensible weight and want to maintain permanently. I've also noticed that some of the saggy-baggy skin is not quite so saggy-baggy after a month and more hanging around the same weight.

It sounds a little unusual so the jury is out. If there's any decision to make I'll do it after 4 consecutive weeks of weight loss. One of the reasons I'm thinking this way is because ringing the changes keeps everything feeling fresh and new and we all know that fresh start bring their own measure of enthusiasm. We'll see!


Today I have at home. I'm glad. It's going to be windy and wet. TWJ will do his thing at the library and check on Mum before coming home this afternoon. I have got my crafty stuff out.

I want to make 120 items worthy of a Craft Market Stall before 23rd October when they start up their Summer Markets. That's a huge task and I'm not confident I'll make it since I've been so slack through the winter months. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and I need to generate some extra income.

A Lavender Bag


They are all hand stitched so not a quick make but that's the way I do things.

3 comments:

Kate said...

they are gorgeous bags margieanne :) so much love goes into them!! well done on the loss, you are heading in the right direction and must be feeling better for not having those carbs!! xox

Cammy said...

I'm so glad you're moving in such a positive direction!

I love markets, and I love pieces that are hand-stitched. So much love and care in those pieces!

Emily said...

Hiya
thank you for visiting my blog. I am excited for you - six months in Texas?? That sounds amazing!! I bet that will come around so fast! Will you do a road trip there or just stay in one place?

You are doing very well with that weight loss. :o) Carbs (bread rolls in particular) are a problem of mine. I am trying to cut back (I had two today :o( Oh well...)