QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Saturday, July 24, 2010

A VERY PLEASANT DAY



Winter Saturday Morning on the Beach






I stopped to chat with this fisherman.

He was putting out 1.7 km line with a motorised Kontiki. He fishes off the beach 2 or 3 times a week and catches more 5 to 16 fish each time. Today he was fishing for
Gurnard
using bonito bait.




A Fine Day With A Spring-like Quality








Time To Turn



The Dunes Golf Course begins on this sand hill. I saw a couple of players pass by the gap in the trees.




It's been a quiet day.

I went for 3.5 km walk, a little late for sunrise. I'm not discussing it with my feet because they're too quick to tell me how displeased they are over the delay. we also have some other issues coming up.

Lunch with Mum except I was not organised. All I had with me was my nuts and dried apricot snack so that was lunch. When I got Mum's afternoon tea I ate 1/2 a smallish blueberry muffin.

I was home about 4 pm and managed to keep away from going crazy with eating. I had another drink and ate dinner at the usual time. I have kiwifruit, raspberry jelly/jello and plenty of plain yoghurt in the fridge so no excuse for eating an unhealthy snack tonight.

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Every time I see your photos of up there I feel 'homesick'... Whitianga has been my 2nd home for 41 years.... but I hate the drive over the hills to get there now!

Cammy said...

Beautiful photos as always.

Good for you for keeping the snacking under control! We can do anything we set our minds to doing!