QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Monday, July 12, 2010

GOD IS GOOD


I don't know how it happens but something was released yesterday. It's a bit of a risk to use this place like a personal journal but yesterday I wrote from my heart and something changed.





Today I woke feeling free and alive. I can't remember how long it has been since I felt like this. I still have The Dream but it's not eating me up. I can't tell you how good it feels to be free of the all pervading intensity I've had.






I love sunrise and I think there have been some good ones lately. This morning I felt alive and well and was awake early enough to go for a sunrise photo walk. All my other sunrise photos have been taken at Mum's house where I barely need to get out of bed to see the sun come out of the sea.


The walk was wonderful. Crisp, cold air in my face, I needed my warm hat and gloves and wore my extra warm jacket, bought in San Francisco in a hurry at Fisherman's Wharf on a cold bitter day five years ago. The photo ops today were not so good. The cloud bank is just too heavy. I'm not disappointed.


I began the day with a good walk,about 2 km, more than a mile. I stopped and spoke to a couple of people. Usually I just make a small smile or wave of acknowledgment.




We've had beautiful sunsets for the last three nights. Today I'll make an effort to be in a good place to take more photos. The only sunset I have was taken several years ago at Oakura Beach, near New Plymouth. One of the things I looked forward to when we came to live at Matarangi was the sunsets. We don't get them at Mums, nor when we lived at Tairua, because there were hills right behind the house putting us in shadow all too soon in the late afternoon. I am hoping for just the right amount of cloud.

3 comments:

Cammy said...

Anne Lamott wrote something about how writers can sometimes find the right words, and sometimes the right words find them. I think it's the same with dreams. Just we can't find them or actualize them immediately doesn't mean they won't sometimes find US. So, keep believing! (but not obsessing. :))

Rettakat said...

I'm glad to read that you have peace today. Very very nice.

Me too.
Loretta
=^..^=

Chris H said...

Lovely photos A!