QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

FIRST DATE WITH MY FEET ..................... THIS POST IS DEDICATED TO CAMMY OF THE TIPPY TOE DIET

.
I woke up at dawn with one thought. I have a Date With My Feet! I promised to take them for a sunrise walk this morning. Aurggggh! I wrote about it yesterday and Cammy
left a comment ...

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing a daily snapshot! In fact, if you're feeling like backing out on it, picture my face, disappointed.

*Very* disappointed. :)




I lay in my cosy, comfortable bed in that delicious moment of coming to life after a good sleep. I enjoyed the feeling of being wrapped in a safe cocoon, a haven for the random thoughts of a wandering mind.

Me:- Feet do you really expect me to get up now?

Feet:- It might be a pretty sunrise.

Me:- I'm very comfortable. What about you?

Feet:- Mmmmm, ha, mmmm. but a promise is a promise.

Me:- Yeah. I suppose!

Feet, (pouting a little):- You did promise. It would be nice if you did something to get rid of more fat. I'm kind of tired of carrying it around.

Me:- You have a point but I really don't feel like getting up yet.

Feet:- Your body will love you.

Me:- You don't have to throw my own words back at me.

Feet:- Well what are you going to do?

Me (throws feet out of bed and onto the floor):- Since you insist I guess it won't do any harm. I'd hate to disappoint my own feet.

Feet:- Don't forget the camera. Remember, you don't want Cammy to wear a sad face.

So here are my photos taken around 7 25 am today.


















I think it's going to rain today.







It wasn't an easy walk like the one a couple of weeks ago. I felt heavy and sluggish. My steps became slower and slower but I did it. I walked 2.25 km/1.4 miles. Breakfast over and nearly 2 hours later I feel good. I'll do it again tomorrow.

I need a horizontal level bubble on my camera. My photographic world seems to be askew most of the time. I don't edit, that's obvious, because I'd never get off my laptop if I did.

Most of today will be at Mum's. She has gout, a side affect of the diuretics she takes to keep the oedema around her heart, legs and other parts under control. The medication to relieve gout, which is extremely painful, makes her nauseous and causes diarrhoea so she isn't feeling great today. My daughter says Mum's dinner is organised so hopefully I will only need to be with Mum 11 am to 4 pm.

5 comments:

Lynda said...

Wow, great photos.. I love that place :)

Emma said...

Those are some amazing photos! Looks like you have some beautiful scenery around you

Margie M. said...

Good for you in keeping the date with your feet :)

Beautiful pics, MargieAnne. I'm sure the scenery looked even better in person.

I enjoy reading your blog as your descriptive sentences are so wonderful. Thank for sharing your day.

Hippygal said...

With scenery like that to watch as you walk, how you could you think twice..... lol beautiful :-)

Cammy said...

Oh, look what we would have missed if you didn't have such wonderful, beautiful, dutiful feet! Thank you, Margie Anne, for toughing it out when you didn't really want to and bringing such joyful photos. My only sadness is that I wasn't there in that moment and place to share it with you. You were richly rewarded for your efforts!