QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Sunday, June 6, 2010

NOT GIVING UP

I really want to throw in the towel. It all just seems like too much work.

So far today I've had my usual breakfast. It's wet and windy so I'm not going anywhere. Another quiet day at home. Plenty of time to build my enthusiasm. As well as reading Blogs I'm reading my Lean For Life Program book. I really, really need to lift myself out of this slough.

My weight loss has come to a halt and I need to change that. It's OK to hit low patches. It's not OK to hang around there. Today I am pulling back to 1 coffee, black and unsweetened. I will eat mainly protein foods plus some fruit and veggies. Today will be more of the same.

I can do this. I know I can. I need to do this.

I will do this.

4 comments:

Margie M. said...

MargieAnne you have the MAGIC ANSWER. Never give up. That is the only true magic I know about in the struggle to lose weight. We may not have a speedy journey on this process of losing weight, but there is no racing anyway. I wish you all the very best. You are an inspiration to many!

Margie M. writes at:
www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

Amy said...

I have these same talks in my head.. I call these days/weeks the WALL. Oh yes... keep talking to yourself, and speaking truth because in all honesty, what do you have to go back to? It feels like running back to Egypt doesn't it? All the freedom that Israel had, and them whinning about the food God was providing... wanting to go back to the torture and awfulness of Egypt. It's really the same thing in alot of ways.

Keep on pressing forward, MA!!

Cammy said...

Hang in there, Margie Anne! It's not easy, especially during times of stress. There's so much going on in your life that managing your nutrition and exercise will only increase your ability to handle the difficulties. Taking control of these areas helps make the others (outside your control) more bearable.

KyokoCake said...

I love your attitude! Even when you're feeling down you have a positive way of looking at it, knowing what you REALLY want rather than you want right now and going for it. Hope you ended up having an amazing day!