QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

RED LETTER DAY



I have tracked my food and activity and weight for 100 days straight. I missed a couple of weigh ins but I still recorded and tracked. This is a significant milestone. My weight loss is less spectacular but it is reasonably steady. 100 days ago I weighed in at 104 kg/229.3 lbs. Today I weigh 98.5 kg/217.2 lbs for a total loss of 5.5 kg/12 lbs in 14 weeks. I began this year over 106 kg/235 lbs so my total weight loss so far on 2010 is 7.5 kg/16.5 lbs. This doesn't get me excited but it is better than if I'd done nothing.

The best thing I can do for myself is to continue in like manner. I think I'm getting better at it each day, week, month that rolls by but I cannot rest. The moment I give up I am lost. This is a new lifestyle and I want it to become permanent. There is room for occassional foods and celebration feasts which result in minor weight gains. I am learning to monitor and correct those minor gains ASAP before they de-rail me.

There is huge room for improvement both in following my eating plan and in developing regular exercise. I am tempted to Blitz my weight loss. I am tempted to follow my program with religious vigour. I am tempted to do a 6 week Challenge, a Lean For Life Module as perfectly as possible. It is so tempting to up my efforts.

I'm not going there, not today, maybe not ever, but it's tempting. Tomorrow we are sleeping over at Mum's for 2 nights. I put myself under too much pressure when I try to do LFL to the utmost while at Mum's. I'm discovering that good results come with steadiness. Not something I'm good at. All I need to do is give myself the gift of staying steady for the remainder of the year and I will begin 2011 weighing less than 90 kg/198.5 lbs my lowest since 1996. Of course I'd like to lose weight faster and I probably can but wisdom says, 'Stay Steady.'

STAY STEADY


Better to be a Tortoise than a Hare. The Tortoise arrived with enough energy to begin again. The Hare crashed out and I don't have time to be a Yo-Yo dieter. I'm doing this as much for health and comfort as to look good. It is FOREVER. As long as I live this will be the foundation of my food and exercise, a healthy lifestyle.

I don't want to waddle like a fat old lady. I don't want to have to rock backwards and forwards to get out of a chair. I don't want to have someone wheel me in a chair because I've destroyed my health. I don't want to struggle to breath at the least exertion. I don't want to alarm those nearby with my heavy breathing even when at rest. I don't want to give up on myself.
DAWN

I have a whole lot of living to do.

I have a whole lot of travelling to do.

I have a whole lot of places to see.

I have a whole lot of hiking to do.

God has a purpose for all of my of days and there is more to come, a lot more.

STEADY AS SHE GOES

Don't mess with what works

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

Slow and steady does it. Just never stop!! :)

Kate said...

you have come a long way margieanne, well done on your success. give yourself credit for how well you are doing and you look absolutely GORGEOUS in that photo!!!

Mama Bear June said...

You are awesome! Keep making those healthy choices. It definitely is important to keep taking one day at a time and continue making those healthy choices.
Path to Health

Sylvia said...

I gave you an award over at my blog. :)

http://bigsteps2take.blogspot.com/

Cammy said...

I'd say you're looking pretty darned good right now! Keep up the great efforts! You're right; you don't have to be perfect. Slow and steady will definitely get you to where you want to be.

Rettakat said...

I think your steady progress is terrific. So many make jack rabbit starts and then fizzle out. Yes, this is for life. Time will pass, no matter what we do, and you are going in the right direction.

Congrats on the healthy progress you have made!
Loretta
=^..^=

Pockets said...

Thanks for the encouragement of your tracking. I will return to read this over and over. Pockets