QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Monday, March 8, 2010

SOOOOOO TIRED

I guess the weekend activities took more out of me than I realised. It didn't help that I stayed awake until after 2 am. Just as well I'm not expected to do much. W has steak out to BBQ for our dinner and I will make a salad shortly.

Today is designated mainly protein and after some of the food I've eaten in the last 2 days this is proving hard but I'm doing it. I really want to blob out in front of TV but there's nothing on to watch so maybe I can lull myself off while reading a blog or two. Not that any of you are boring but I am right now! I can't even find a decent book to read.

I'm not capable of writing anything useful but I wanted to record that this is a day of physical and mental collapse. It's not the first and sadly it won't be the last ..... be nice if I didn't have this reaction to a few busy days. I really feel like someone's ancient Granny today. I should be sitting in my rocking chair beside the mantlepiece with a crochet rug keeping my knees warm, nodding off while the family go about the daily chores.

I need this. My batteries run flat all too quickly and we plan to go to the Ellerslie Flower Show on Wednesday. We will be walking around from 9 am till we catch the bus back so a very long day with heaps to see. This section of Hagley Park, where the Show is being held, is a beautiful area smack dab in the middle of Christchurch.

3 comments:

Kate said...

you sound exhausted after being on the go for the past couple of weeks margieanne. try and take it easy xo

Amy said...

Hi my friend MargieAnne!

O my gosh your weekend sounds like mine! LOL!! Rainy here with tons of laziness... ahhhh... ;)

That Flower Show sounds divine! Wish I could go with you... :)

Hugs.. Amy

JC said...

OH, how I wish I could go to the flower show with you. Hope you get rested.