QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Thursday, February 18, 2010

A LONG DAY AHEAD

Already I'm wondering how to fit my priorities into this day. I have a few challenges. We are leaving home about 9.30 am. and spending most of the day at Mum's but have appointments in town. I'm cooking tea for us there and won't be home till about 9. It's easy to not eat properly and end up very hungry at the wrong time. Also there are some food minefields at Mum's.

Right now I have a choice. I need a shower but I want to do my 20 minutes Cross-trainer first and I don't have much time. I will do it and hope I don't over-stress myself and end up with gut pain as sometimes happens when I exercise early. Let you know later.

Evening

I made it through the morning routine. Man was the shower good. I had it just above cold. We have fairly high humidity so I got up quite a sweat and the very cool shower felt wonderful.

The rest of the day went as expected but not as planned.


THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT!

That was my alternative heading for this post. I had a friend who blamed all of all of her slackness on Satan so I thought I'd try too, but I don't think I'm going to get away with such an easy way out.

Of course if you're reading here you know the only devil that made me do it is the devil in my head. The one that is programmed to believe that getting my hair done is a treat that absolutely must be followed by a visit to the adjacent Cafe that serves cappuccino and cake with cream. I'm not upset by the coffee or even the cake. I am upset that getting my hair done just felt incomplete without that visit to the Cafe. I realised this thought of a trip to the Cafe had been lodged in my head all week and instead of facing it and dealing with it when I was well away from temptation I chose to ignore it ...... because I didn't want to stop myself from having this treat.

I've confessed but I'm not sure that I've repented, i.e. am willing to change my behaviour. Maybe it is OK if I do it once in 6 weeks. This remains something I will have to face up to in the future. A Cafe treat once a month is not a big deal but if it leads to falling away from my program of healthy weight loss then it demands serious attention.

More important is the tendency to allow a thought to hide in my head without confronting and dealing with it before it can do damage. I really need to pull these lurking thoughts out into the light and face them square on. Tiger Woods is in the news again. I feel sorry for him because his is such a public failure and has hurt many people but in truth is his problem any different to mine. Addiction is the same whatever .... moral issues are another story so I won't go there.

I'm beginning to waffle. It's been a long day. G'nite.

No comments: