QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Saturday, February 20, 2010

THE DENIAL TRAP

Two posts today so I can do today's LFL Workbook exercise.

Day 6/36 I'm not doing this perfectly but hec, I'm a lot better than 2 weeks ago.

Have you ever been in denial? Here's a Quizz to see if it's true when you say,"I never do that!"

1. Do you ever refuse to weigh yourself because you'd rather not know? (The 'What I don't know won't hurt me,' approach doesn't help you avoid pain, it delays it.)

Yes. It goes with eating badly

2. Have you ever blamed the clothes dryer, (or the washer), for tighter-fitting clothes? (unless everyone else in the family has the same problem, this should tell you something.)

Yes.

3. Do you avoid mirrors, especially when getting out of the shower?

Oh yes! When the mirror is unavoidable it is very traumatic. I live in a chronic state of trauma in this house.

4. Do you eat junk food while alone, (at home or in the car), and make a point to throw away the candy, cookie, potato chip wrappers before anyone else sees them.

Yes. When I'm in my very worst phases. Not normal practice.

5. Have you ever blamed your weight problem on "thyroid trouble," "big bones," or a "slow metabolism," even though you've never had a medical examination that supports your theories?

Secretly yes. But I always knew I was kidding myself.

6. Do you ever exaggerate how long, how often, or how hard you exercise?

Sometimes. Again I'm usually aware when I'm lying and kidding myself.

7. Do you blame bloat and excess weight on "water retention" resulting from your period, getting ready to begin your period, or having just had your period? (this is an especially questionable excuse if you are male!)

Bother! She got there before me. I was going to claim to be a man! Sadly I haven't been able to use this excuse for about 15 years.

8. Does your wardrobe feature every imaginable shade of "slimming black."

Only some pants and not all and one dressy skirt and top. I hate wearing black because it lacks the joy of colours.

9. Do you choose the salad with broiled chicken when having lunch with friends, yet opt for a cheeseburger and fries when eating alone?

This is something I consciously try not to do but there is a default mechanism that I have to fight every-time I am with friends, so the answer must be yes.

10. Do you pay so little attention to your eating habits that you can't remember what, much less how much, you ate earlier in the day?

Can I claim to have Alzheimer's? My answer is mostly NO but I do have bad days when I don't keep track, mentally, of how much I am eating. That's why I need this prgram. It does help eliminate FBS, or "Foggy Brain Syndrome."

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi MargieAnne!!

Thanks for your comment! I love what you shared about forgiveness.... isn't it wild how one can be walking around totally oblivious to areas like that, and then (click) on comes the light, and there it is??

Floors me everytime Abba does that!

To answer your question about soaking... You know, I don't have a certain pattern of my time with the Lord. The only pattern is me shuffling out, grabbing my coffee and sitting down.. lol!
He speaks to me through the day, as I am sure He does you... this particular area tho, Abba did speak to me during my morning time with Him.

It's such a process and walking out isn't it?

Hugs.. Amy

Cammy said...

I know for a fact that you can reach your goals with a focus on doing "better" and letting perfection go. Just keep the ship pointed in the right direction.

I do recognize some of these! :) On the other hand, though, I had to laugh at #2. I panicked last week when a t-shirt that had fit fine two weeks ago was suddenly waaaay too snug. I was convinced that I had gained 20 pounds (in about 4 days), until I took a second look and noticed that the shirt was also much shorter and the sleeves hit me mid-forearm. Turns out it really DID shrink. :)