QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

10 DAYS HAVE GONE BY SINCE I EXERCISED

Today I broke the drought. I got back on the cross-trainer and was pleased to complete 4.3 km/ 2.7 miles in 21 minutes. I've stayed fairly true to my eating plan but not perfect. I'm no longer trying to be perfect. For me it is important to simply eat well without filling up on heavily buttered sandwiches. I've given up the Nescafe Cappuccino sachets with which I always have sugar. I've got the coffee plunger out. I can drink it sugar and milk free. I decided not to deprive myself of coffee for the rest of my life. I enjoy it so much. There is nothing like the smell of a good aromatic coffee. The caffeine may not be the best thing for me but it's not worth drinking decaf. I do need to be aware of how much water/herbal/flavoured tea I drink. Some days I don't drink half the recommended amount. Now I need to get my snacks sorted so that I'm eating more frequently through the day. I don't really care for protein bars. Perhaps I should get some rice crackers to have with ????? Something simple so that I'm not tempted to eat too much and it must be easy to prepare with no extra clean up.

I found the following tip on someone's Blog today. Sorry I'm not sure who it was now.

Automate your meals -keep breakfast and lunch almost the same every day - use variety for dinner. With fewer choices, you make better decisions. Figure out what you love, what is convenient and what is healthy, and have those most of the time for breakfasts and lunches.

Use 9 inch plates (common plates are 12 or 13 inches, only use 9 inch plates).


I prefer to eat much the same thing for breakfast and lunch. My best breakfast is a berry smoothie with protein powder and my best lunch is some kind of protein with salad. I found it interesting that something experience has taught me is considered a good habit to develop. I have been looking at 9" plates for my main meal at night because we only have huge dinner plates or small side plates. I'm looking for something that will give me an elegant buzz to serve onto and eat off.

I have to go to Mum's again tomorrow. It would be nice to stay home but I think I can handle it without messing up. I'm yawning great big jaw breakers so must be time for bed.

1 comment:

Julie said...

That's a good idea. Automate breakfast and lunch. Sure will make calorie counting easier. Thanks.

-Julie