QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'M GOING TO MAKE IT 3 DAYS IN A ROW

This is good because I've just had 2 nights in a row with poor sleep. That usually spells the end of any healthy eating but somehow I got through yesterday in spite of having to go into town. We managed to be away less than 4 hours so wasn't too big a deal. The bonus is that I got a message last night to say I don't need to be at Mum's, a niece is doing the honours today.

Yesterday I managed to eat healthy although I was so hungry by the time dinner was ready I had a larger serve than I would normally. Considering I battled dreams of coffee and icecream all day I did well. It was the hottest day for quite a while and going into town and getting some groceries didn't make it any easier. The only thing I missed out was time on the crosstrainer, similar to an elliptical machine.

Today the plan is, - Breakfast:- berrry smoothie, lunch:- cold beef and salad, dinner:- mushrooms stuffed with spinach and parmesan, snacks:- almonds, WW chocolate desert, banana, apple if I want it. My goal is to drink at least 2 lt of water or unsweetened flavoured non-tea tea and do 3km on the crosstrainer.

I can do it. Will check in later.

The Million Dollar House give away has hotted up in the last few hours. $100,000 in less than 24 hours and now so close to their original target they will overshoot. How wonderful. This is a great celebration as the faith of the Smith family is vindicated. Our God is good but we don't always see such graphic answers. This has touched many people and had a major impact on the lives of many.

My day has pretty well gone as planned and the stuffed mushrooms, aaaaah! drool, hmmmm! delicious.

I don't usually post recipes but this one is good. I took it from a Southern Foods site so adjusted it here and there to fit my eating plan and the ingredients in the house.

Take some large, portabella, mushrooms that are not yet flat, ie. still are cup shaped. Clean and brush skin side with oil or butter. Set in a shallow pan. Turn oven to 170`C/350`F. Cook and drain well some spinach or use a frozen ball of spinach per mushroom. Microwave frozen spinach until soft. In a frypan cook chopped onion and diced bacon or ham. season with fresh ground pepper, salt and little grated nutmeg, (optional). You can also add chopped garlic but I never had any. Fill mushrooms with a spoon or two of onion bacon mix, squash a ball of spinach on, then another good sprinkle of onion & bacon. Top the lot with grated parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or longer if required. Delicious hot or cold. Yummmm! This could become a weekly special in our house. I don't count calories or points so if you make this you will have to work it out as you go. It is fairly low in carbs and you can get the fat level as low as you like too.

I've not only tried a new recipe, this is the first time I've stuffed mushrooms, and I used a new, to me, product. frozen spinach balls. They are brilliant and so tasty. The fresh spinach was far too expensive ..... that's sad. I must have another go at growing spinach here.

I've had a good sleep this afternoon so hope to get a full night's sleep tonight and I'll be chalking up another healthy day.

4 comments:

JC said...

I am so glad to hear from you. Thanks so much for the comment. I'm glad to see you are taking care of your health by eating better. Good for you!!!

kate said...

great plan margieanne! thinking of you xox

~lose2live~ said...

great to see you so motivated Margieanne :)

Take care of yourself

Anne

Allie said...

Thanks so much for your comment and smoothie recipe. I'll have to try it out. I use the whey protein too. Your stuffed mushroom recipe sounds great too. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Here's to another good day today!