QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Sunday, November 1, 2009

I LOVE THESE DAYS

Crisp blue sky with a few fluffy white clouds, warm with a breeze from the south carrying a touch of ice off the fresh snow on the mountain ranges.

Yesterday our town hosted a major road cycle race. 200 kilometres including some of the steepest hills in NZ. I take my hat off to all riders. The fastest ones are about 4 hours while there are others who take up to 8 hours. I met the middle group as they were finishing and I was going to work. They had been on the road 6 or 7 hours I would think. It's a bit hard to know without the results in front of me because the 1500 riders had a staggered start.

We have handed in our resignations at work. TWJ won't go back. I think the pneumonia has cleared but he's not well enough to work yet. I have 5 more shifts, finishing next Sunday. It is such a relief to have made the decision and acted on it. I know there will be days of regret especially when I juggle finances to pay the bills but I know I made the right decision.

I don't think I am going to get another job. The job market is still tight and even with many businesses gearing up for the holiday season I accept that there are many more younger people looking for work. Currently we are looking at hiring out our house for beach holidays. We have several options so will decide soon and set up a web-site and link in with friends who are already hosting tourists.

Meantime the healthy food continues to rot while I live on coffee and toast and beef sandwiches. Not the healthiest diet.

2 comments:

JC said...

I can relate to the not healthest of diets lately. I know I will be a happy retired person one day but no time soon. I'm so behind on blog reading. Hope everyone is well at your house by now.

dadivastreet said...

Hoping all is well! Wishing you and yours a Wonderful Holiday!