QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

TSUNAMI WARNING THAT FIZZLED

Hi Kate and others who dare to read. Thank-you for your faithfulness Kate. You are always so encouraging.

This afternoon I will go tho the pharmacy and stock up before I spend all our wages.

I think I have worked out a daily plan which will be achievable.

Breakfast: my usual smoothie of yoghurt, milk, whey protein powder and frozen berries.

Mid-morning: fruit or bar if breakfast is early.

Lunch: Kate Morgan shake or protein, meat or eggs, with salad.

3pm: fruit or KM bar

6pm: K.M. bar

Evening: 8.30-9pm. K.M. soup or shake.

Yesterday I managed 3 x 3 minutes on the cross-trainer. Won't do as well today because I had to leave home earlier than planned. We had a Tsunami warning, caused by a huge earthquake somewhere in the Pacific. The Tsunami has caused havoc and lost lives in part of Samoa but turned out to be a non-event here .... thank-goodness. Jay had phoned quite distressed because she had to go to work and leave Mum alone in the house. I assured her we would be with Mum long before anything happened and be able to take Mum to higher ground. This would only take 5 -10 minutes as it would be just a matter of taking Mum downstairs to get in the car and driving up to one of the neighbours on the hill behind us.

We were not overly concerned as it would take a wave of about 6m or 20 feet with some force behind it to do a great deal of damage to the ground floor of this house.

I still have one post to complete our travel along the Californian coast back to San Fransisco. It will be another couple of weeks before I get any more photos up on my laptop. I've got to take it to the experts and get a few programs sorted.

1 comment:

kate said...

that plan sounds good margieanne. what are the km bars like? are they muesli bar type things? they sound handy. glad the tsunami didnt hit you guys whew!