QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Friday, June 5, 2009

TOO SCARED TO GET ON THE SCALES

I wonder if other people have this problem .... or is it even a problem? When I am eating and exercising well I can't wait to jump on the scales in the morning because I know they will tell a happy story .... well most times they do.

But when I'm eating as I feel hungry or as the mood takes me, and when I'm not walking regularly I am afraid of what the numbers on the scale will tell me. I feel, not out of control, that is too dramatic, but more as though I'm doing what comes naturally. Guess what? The scales have stayed the same. That's got nothing to do with good discipline simply a reflection of what is not in the house.

It's 11 pm. Time I went to bed, in fact my eyes keep closing so hopefully I'll sleep well.

6 more shifts at work, 10 days and we will be winging our way over the ocean.

I had my hair coloured and styled today .... should have got someone to take a photo. I look 10 years younger. Wonder if it will still look so good tomorrow. I couldn't help thinking how terrific it would be if I could go to an expert equivalent to a hair dresser, perhaps they could be called body stylists, and let them work on my body for a couple of hours and come out looking another 10 years younger because somehow I had shed 40kg/90lbs in that time. I would look 50 years old. Now wouldn't that be something. My niece reminded me that it is possible ..... surgery, but that is too painful and not quite what I had in mind. Going to the hairdresser is a treat. I was pampered, given lovely magazines to read and a wonderful cup of coffee. No, - I want a body stylist who will pamper and massage the fat away. Wouldn't that be cool. You'd just stand up when it's all over, feelng like a princess robed in beautiful clothes, and stroll out the door into a new life.


Dream on!

5 comments:

kimmy said...

Margieanne you are beautiful reflection of your soul!!
its nice to be pampered and do something nice for ourselves
MWAH
xxxx

debby said...

ooh, I love the body stylist idea!

I think when I am really trying to lose weight it is better for me to weigh once a week. That is a truer picture of what is going on with my body. And if I weigh in between and it is more or less than what I think it should be, that might be a trigger to celebrate or console with food!

Anne said...

Come on - a photo of the new hair would be great!!!

I love a pamper session as well, the latest mags, cup of coffee - bliss....

kate said...

its lovely getting your hair done isnt it? i bet you feel like a new woman :D xox

Susie said...

Hi- Thanks for coming by to welcome me back!!! Let me know if you locate one of those body stylists..sounds good to me! Have a WONDERFUL time on the Cruise!!! Sounds nice.