QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Thursday, June 11, 2009

THURSDAY MORNING ... THIS MUST BECOME CONFUSING FOR NORTHERN HEMISPHERE READERS

Only 4 days to go.

It almost seems unreal and I'm all of a dither.

Last night TWJ popped in to see Mum after work and brought me my birthday gift. A sumptuous electric blanket. No more getting into cold sheets. I feel so emotional about it all as Mum put this in her card.

To Anne on your very special day. Lots of Love for a very special daughter.
Sorry Dad is not with me to share your day.

And hoping this birthday will be the kind
That you'll keep amongst your happiest memories.

Many Happy Returns.

And when you get to America enjoy it all over again.
Not everyone has the opportunity to double your years overnight.
Have a wonderful time
I shall look forward to your return.
God Bless and be with you always
Lots of love, Mother.


I cried as I read it. My Dad died in 1974 and I have missed him. But I do count my blessings. How many people who can say on the eve of their 70th birthday that there are only 2 people missing from their immediate family roll call. My father, and my brother who died less than 2 years after Dad. We had a bad 3-4 years when 5 family members died with cancer.

My birthday is June 15th and I will celebrate with an early lunch on Monday with my mother and sister before we drive to Auckland Airport. We arrive in San Francisco just after mid-day on June 15th, thanks to the International date-line. I hope TWJ has something special planned but I'm sure I can think of something if he doesn't come up with the goods. My family have been teasing me that I will be 140 years old by June 16th. I always said I wanted to live to 150. There are so many things I want to do and experience on earth. Heaven will be something else but I do love this life too.

We have our Conference schedule for the cruise. I am going to be one busy girl and very tired if I do everything and I'm certainly going to do my best not to miss out on a single opportunity.

PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE - 6 Main Sessions; 4 study sessions; 2 soaking sessions

We sail 4.30pm on Sat 27th. and go straight into the program.

5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Solo Travellers Get-together. I think I'll go to this as it can get quite lonely being on my own at most of the meetings.
Evening - 8:30 - 11:00 p.m. by Main Session 1 with John & Carol Arnott and Che Ahn

Sunday:- 8:30 - 10:30 a.m. Main Session 2 - including Outreach Orientation, with Che & Susan Ahn and John Arnott (Main speaker)
Evening meeting, 8:00 - 10:00 p.m. Main Session 3, Steve & Sandra Long and Patricia King.

Monday:- Ketchikan 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Morning, 7:30 a.m. - Giant Prayer Circle for Ketchikan with Steve Long. 8:15 a.m. Ketchikan Christian Tour. Look for the school buses outside. TWJ & I will go on this together then he will probably do his own thing while I go on the Outreach 10:30 am - 1:30 p.m. We have been asked to take rain coats and boots to give to the families as many are poor and these items are expensive locally.
Evening - 9:00 - 10:30 p.m. - Soaking in the Presence of God. This is a favourite with me.

Tuesday:- Juneau 8:00 a.m. - 9: 00 p.m. Morning, 8 - 9:00 a.m, Growing in the Anointing: Healing with Steve Long and John Arnott. 10:15 a.m. Street Ministry with Steve Long.
Afternoon - 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. - TACF Mission Trips with John Arnott
5 - 8:00 p.m. - Outreach Jazz Concert at the Marine Park bandstand, just outside the ship
Evening - 8:30 - 10:00 p.m. Soaking

Wednesday:- Skagway 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. Morning - 8 - 9:00 a.m. Growing in the Anointing: Prophetic with Che Ahn and Patricia King. 10:15 a.m. - Street Ministry
Evening - 7:30 - 9:00 p.m. - Main session 4 with John & Carol Arnott and Che Ahn This is outside on the Aft deck so depends on weather.

Thursday:- Glacier Bay (Scenic Cruising) 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m
3 - 5:30 p.m. Main Session 5 with Che & Susan Ahn and Patricia King
Evening - 8 - 10:30 p.m. Growing in the Anointing: Faith with John Arnott and Che Ahn

Friday:- College Fjord (Scenic Cruising) 5:30 -8:30 p.m.
Morning - 8 - 9:00 a.m. Growing in the Anointing: Persistence with Sandra and Steve Long, TACF Pastors.
Evening - 8:00 - 11:00 p.m. Main Session 6 with Che & Susan Ahn and John & Carol Arnott.

There are children's and youth sessions as well so everyone is covered.

Saturday:- disembark in Whittier about 1.5 hours drive from Anchorage .... except that we get to keep our cabin for the return cruise to Vancouver.

I have some house cleaning to do so had better get into it or another day will slip by with little to show for it.

2 comments:

Hippygal said...

Wow sounds awesome - one day I am going to do one :-)

Chris H said...

I can't believe you are going to be 70! You sure don't look it mate. I hope you have the MOST AMAZING holiday and birthday too.