QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Monday, June 15, 2009

LAST POST FROM NEW ZEALAND FOR FIVE WEEKS

THIS IS IMPORTANT

I do apologise for not leaving comments after eading your Blog, or responding to comments left here. I'm simply running out of time and frankly too darn tired as well.

I'm falling asleep waiting for the washing machine to finish. It's 12.30am and I decided to turn up the hem on my tidiest/best black pants. I've been wearing them to work for over 12 months and the legs were a little long with the result that one had frayed. I want to wear them tomorrow. I could have sewn the button on and done the hem weeks ago but me being last minute Annie left them until tonight

Other than a few small chores around the house and packing the last minute undies, toothbrush and hairdryer I am organised. I did have a problem with food in the freezer so I've baked a few pastry items ..... note .... never buy pastry unless it is essential to the next meal. I don't need it sitting in the freezer making me feel guilty because I can;'t remember what it was for. I did my best to eat all the perishables but have failed miserably. That tells me something about my shopping habits. Too much stuff that I don't need. Or could it be that I bought healthy stuff and kept eating alternative food?

Finally worked out why I'm in a tizz over the house. This is the first time we have ever had to close a house we are living in for an extended time. There might have been the odd 2 week holiday when the children were little but any other time we were moving out or there was someone left at home so the house continued in more or less normal mode, but without me.

We finished work at 8 pm and came home to try and eat as much of the food as possible ...... there was too much so will be taking a bucket load to Mum's tomorrow. I am off to bed now. Next time I write I will be in USA. It feels a little unreal at the moment. 15 months planning about to come into being.

4 comments:

Hippygal said...

Have an awesome time...... :-)

Chris H said...

How's it going ? Having fun I hope! Summer over there too... so you are no doubt warm.... ya lucky tart!

JC said...

Have a wonderful trip.

kate said...

oh margieanne im so glad your wish for your holiday has come true for you- to get away and have a break. LOL @ all the food, probably didnt plan that too well love but never mind. enjoy yourself and looking forward to hearing more from you!!! xox