QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

THE DAYS ARE FLYING BY

Nothing much happening on the health front right now unless you count going to the dentist.

I lost a filling 10 days ago and today was the best appointment they could give me. Glad to have that done but I could have done without the bill. We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping for last minute purchases like new toothbrushes and pressure stockings for the flight. I know I had some but they are not to be found. Mum also had some shopping she wanted me to do. After today she needs to get used to asking my niece and her husband to do these things.

I've laid out a heap of clothes .... I need to try some as I am sure I don't fit one or two of the capri pants I want to take. My pile is too big so will sort through tomorrow. Judging by the weather reports we are seeing we will need to be prepared for anything between 10C'/50F' and 32C'/90F' That's a huge range, probably a little extreme but who knows what to expect these days. We intend to travel lighter than we have in the past so will be packing many layers ..... Bikinis to quilted jackets. I'll put the swimsuit in but not sure that I'll use it I do plan to use the gyms in hotels and on board the ship. I never have in the past but this time I will.

I am trying to use up food in the freezer. There is still quite a lot of fish and I'm not a great fish cook. Tonight we turned schnapper into fish cakes. In spite of varioue spices, lemon zest & juice, cream cheese and capers they were very boring until we put sweet chilli sauce with them. I guess I will still have a few things to put in Mum's freezer while we are away.

Swine flu is being a pest. Australian sports teams and school groups are involved. Still not many cases and nothing serious but the media are keeping us well aware of it. We are taking extra immune building vitamins and will be careful about cleansing our hands.

2 comments:

Scale Junkie said...

WOW what an exciting trip you have planned. As far as the weather, just pack things that can be layered and a light jacket to go over it all. If all else fails there are plenty of stores here to pick up what you need. I can't wait to see your pictures!!!

Mama Bear June said...

The media always seems to hype things up. Hope you have an amazing trip.
Path to Health