QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Monday, May 25, 2009

TOO TIRED TO THINK ABOUT TOMORROW'S PLAN

What can I say? I have completely lost the plot regarding food and exercise. I would not mind except that with only 3 weeks to go before our flight I have once again compromised my weight loss. As far as the big picture is concerned it will make little difference but in the short term I have made it very difficult to weigh less than 95kg when we get on the plane. It's not impossible but highly unlikely.

I just became more and more tired and stressed trying to keep up with what had to be done. Today we were awake at 5 am and it was raining so there was some concern that roads would be open. South easterly winds are not only cold but push the tides up which meet the swollen streams pouring water out of the hills and frequently close roads.

All was well. TWJ left with Os & Jay, they had a good trip to airport in spite of possible hindrances on the Auckland Motorway from people travelling into Central Auckland for a Hikoi - Maori word for a protest march. They boarded their plane and left about mid-day. TWJ was home about 4 pm. I was glad to come home after lunch with Mum and let someone else take over. We can relax and focus on our own plans now.

I am so tired I should be in bed.

The reason for the Hikoi .... Today is the anniversary of a successful Maori protest over the use of a piece of land that had been gifted by Maori to the Crown/Government or City. Today's protest is political ... There are changes coming in the administration of Auckland City and surrounds and Maori want appointed representatives as well as being able to elect Council Members. The media love making the most of these events.

4 weeks time we will be winging our way to San Francisco. To think I have been planning this for about 14 months and suddenly it is that close.

No comments: