QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

SIGH! 4.15 AM

I've been awake for hours after falling asleep before 10 pm.

I tossed and turned for about an hour before I decided to get up and have been reading blogs via HYC. It's fairly cool and I haven't had coffee in days so there is no reason for this sleeplessness.

I am a little concerned about my chances of a good walk tomorrow. We seem to be having frequent icy showers and lots of wind. I've spent some of the time visualizing myself all bundled up walking in the rain. Hmmmm! maybe that's not so restful.

Did anyone notice we are less than 4 weeks away from catching our plane to USA. I think we have the money thing sorted. I hope so, I hope so, I HOPE SO! Jay and Os leave next Monday for Turkey. TWJ is taking them to the airport and I hope I can go with him but depends on whether someone is with Mum as we have to leave at 7 am. We need to allow at least 3 & 1/2 hours for the trip to Auckland airport. and so with arriving in time for check in we leave home about 6 or 7 hours before our flight. No wonder it always feels like a major undertaking.

It's a busy family week with W & A here from the South Island. G is expected to come up from Rotorua at the weekend and take them to Auckland to catch their flight home on Sunday. Niece & her husband, B & D are moving into the downstairs at Mum's while Jay is away. Through it all TWJ & I will continue our normal work pattern. Thank goodness I seem to be completely over the nasty cold I had.

Now I really must go back to bed and get some sleep.

1 comment:

chubrubb said...

Thank you for dropping by my blod and leaving a comment! How cool that you live in New Zealand! I'm going to read your posts now :-)