QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Monday, May 4, 2009

A DAY AT HOME AND OBEYING THE RULES.

8.20am I'm freezing. This is my first whole day at home for 2 weeks. I'm tired and my back aches But the sun shines and it will soon be a lovely warm day, best for more than a week.

I've written out a list for myself to check against later today. It is going to be hard to keep going as we are having lunch out for Mum's 94th birthday tomorrow. I hadn't expected Mum to want to go out. That makes it hard for me to get my eating plan in order this week but I really must make a determined start. Lean For Life are my rules of choice. (See yesterday's post). Obeying the rules is training for self-discipline. I am determined to make progress in this area.

I went into the blog I kept in 2007 when I lost 20 kg in aprox 7 months with Lean For Life and found I had struggled as much then as I am now. I had forgotten that I pushed through all the fears and negative things to be successful. I wrote the following verse as I was vetting my head organised to begin the task of becoming healthier. I'm so glad I remain 10 kg lighter than when I began but that's not something I'm very proud of.

IF I'M HONEST I HAVE TO ADMIT I CAN'T DO THIS
BUT I'M GOING TO DO IT ANYWAY

Lean into My strength, says the Lord,
It is by My Spirit
Not by might or power, (Will Power),
I have brought you to this place,
It feels like a place of death,
But it is where you will find new life.

Lean into My strength,
I am you strength -
This is your time to understand
The great strength that I am.
I am with you and I am strong for you.
Lean into My strength,
And you will do this.

Lean on Me, I am your strength.


That is still my cry.

I have been maintaining almost perfectly .... up and down by 1 kg for the last 4 weeks. That is not the name of the game.

Today I will drink 2 litres/8 glasses of water.
I will do Day 1 of Lean For Life. .... not perfectly but reasonable.
I will go for a walk on the beach ...No excuses We walked more than 3 km. It was almost too much
I will do 20-30 minutes of stretch exercises. .... too tired after walk
I will add an apple a day to my menu. ..... had a handful of grapes instead
I will get out my tracker/daily action plan ..... still to do
I will refresh my graphs. ....still to do
I will have a quiet day. ...... Yes!!!


I will eliminate coffee even if it means a headache. Yes!
I will eliminate bread even if my stomach thinks my throat is cut. Yes!
I will eliminate all baked goodies, cakes, muffins etc. Yes!
I will eliminate sugar no matter how much my taste buds crave. Yes!

1 pm. So far so good. I've been checking my journal from when I first was successful with LFL. It was interesting and I'm sure helpful.

Today
5 cups water in the form of herbal/fruit unsweetened tea.
berry smoothie with protein powder & plain yoghurt
2 hard boiled eggs
piece parmesan cheese
3 chicken nibbles
small serve potato & carrot
silverbeet/chard
about 8 large grapes

I don't plan to eat anything more but I do need to have another drink, and soon so that my bladder doesn't wake me up all night.
I'm cold. We expect a frost tonight.

1 comment:

dadivastreet said...

Sounds like you are on track! Way to go! Very nice poem. Wishing you a very sucessful week.