QUILTING WILL DOMINATE THE NEXT FEW MONTHS

TIME TO GET THIS FINISHED - 10 YEARS WORK IN PROGRESS

Saturday, January 31, 2009

VERY WEIRD

I have been checking out my steps on the activity tracker. After discussion with TWJ we decided that our work is probably more demanding than cooking as we do a lot of lifting although I don't do a lot of walking. The calculator reckons that 2 and half hour of cooking is equivalent to more than 9,000 steps. That means I have managed to log up more than 14,000 steps today, including my walk this morning. No wonder I feel tired and that's only a partial shift because I've asked to work shorter hours while my shoulders heal. I've been getting this intense pain .... inter-scapular pain. The chiropractor is cracking my bones and a physio friend is helping with massage and exercises. Trouble is the pain is unbearable, kicking in during the 3rd hour at work and so far I haven't found a painkiller that works. Tomorrow I will go to church and receive healing prayer.

Why is it weird that physical work, continuous standing and packing groceries into bags and lifting them into the trolly, is equal to so many steps. Surely if that was a reasonably accurate calculation of energy expended I would have been losing weight all along. I've been doing 15 hours per week = 55,000 steps = aprox 23 km / 14 miles every week. Surely I'd feel fitter than I do but then the work is hardy aerobic. That explains why I need to do a lot of other kinds of exercise as well.

I really should be in bed. I have no idea if what I've written makes sense. Will need to read and edit tomorrow.

1 comment:

kate said...

i have no idea how they work it out either margie, i definitely think you are doing a lot of exercise, as long as you do cardio combined with weights you will lose the weight (on the exercise front) just the food intake needs monitoring :)